Meeting My Housemate

( This is in Skye's POV :) )

After a  bit of awkward staring, the girl finally said something.

" Oh... uh... hi! My name is Daisy Dark, nice to meet you! What's your name? " It felt like she was staring at me. Judging me internally. I hope she doesn't hate me.....

" I'm Skye Rose, nice to meet you too! " I replied shyly.  A very awkward silence followed afterwards and I couldn't help but wonder what she was thinking. She looked confused, which was actually really cute. But I mean I don't like girls I don't think. From what I've heard it's bad, people get executed. But I don't personally think it's wrong.... it's just... I don't want to be murdered. Am I gay? No,,,,, that's impossible. Not really, but.... no? I'm confusing myself now, it's probably best if I stop thinking. Then Daisy spoke again,

" Do you like YouTube? " I could tell she was just searching for a way to stop the silence, but I was fine with that.

" Yeah! Of course! What YouTubers do you like? " I asked, genuinely interested in what she had to say.

" I like too many YouTubers to count, but I'll name a few. I like Markiplier, Dan and Phil, Jessie Paege, Kubz Scouts, Bijuu Mike, and Jacksepticeye. Sometimes when I'm feeling the Minecraft nostalgia, I'll watch CaptainSparklez or JeromeASF. " she replied. So she's beautiful AND has great taste?! NOT FAIR! It was almost 5 so I replied to her,

" That's awesome! I love those YouTubers too! Oh, and I know this is off topic but do you want to start picking our rooms? "  I hope that didn't come off as rude.

" Oh, yeah, sure! " she replied kindly. Oof thank god. We both made our way upstairs. On the left was a REALLY REALLY CUTE PASTEL YELLOW ROOM, and on the right was a really dark black and gray depressing room. Daisy called out,

" I call the dark room! "

" Good, because I wanted the cute pastel one! Haha. " I replied honestly. I ran straight to my room and unpacked some of the things that I brought.

" Hey, Skye? " I heard Daisy call from the other room.

" Yeah Daisy? " I said in response. I love saying her name.  Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy Daisy-

" I was wondering if you wanted to get take-out for dinner, have some snacks, and watch YouTube. Does that sound okay to you? " she said, interrupting my thoughts. I think I got really lucky with this housemate, I would've been disappointed with anything more or less than her. She's perfect.

" Hell yeah! Speaking of snacks, I bought a million of them, I'll go get them. " I said, remembering I spent like a million dollars on food at the grocery store. I ran out to my SUV to grab the snacks and came back in no time. When I returned she said,

" Holy shit! I only brought like three kind of snacks, this is snacking to another level! Hold on, I'll put some of these in some bowls. Can you get YouTube ready? " Wow, she likes food too? Did I mention how amazing she is?

" Yeah, of course. " I replied. I grabbed the remote and hooked up my account to it. I remembered her saying that she likes Dan and Phil, so I decided to put on their Cards Against Humanity video. Daisy came back into the room with three bowls that had Pringles, Doritos, and Cheetos. I heard her order some Chinese food and then she joined me on the couch. 

----------------- Time Skip To Door Bell ---------------------

Suddenly the door bell rang. As soon as it rang, I paused Dan and Phil's undertale series that we were rewatching.

" I'm not getting that, I am NOT interacting with some random human," Daisy said.

" I'm not getting that either, I'm just going to make things awkward. " I replied.

" There's only one way to settle this, " she replied. Oh no......

" Rock, paper, scissors. " she finished. Oh. That's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I still didn't want to do it, because there is a possibility that I might have to answer the door. I rolled my eye and agreed anyway. Who could say no to that cute face? I mean- what? I didn't say anything...

" Rock, paper, scissors, SHOOT! " we said in unison. I gave scissors, but she gave paper. OH YEAH BABY!

" SHIT NO WHY! " she yelled.

" HAHA, YES! " I yelled back. I felt bad, but then again rock paper scissors was her idea, not mine. So I guess it was fair. She got up and walked over to the door. She opened it and made some small talk with him, took the food, and then gave him the money. I think she did pretty good, actually.

" Here you go, " she said as she handed me a plate of Chinese food. I was going to say thank you, but I got too nervous and ended up saying nothing at all. She sat down and we continued rewatching undertale as we ate.

----------------- Time Skip To 9pm ------------------

I noticed that Daisy had begun to drift off to sleep. Her eyes could barely stay open, poor girl. A few minutes later she fell fully asleep and was moving around a lot. She had been sitting down when she feel asleep, so when she moved, she toppled over. I screamed a little bit because she happened to fall right on top of me. I didn't want to bother her, so I just let her lay there on my lap. I played with her hair a little bit since I figured I probably wouldn't wake her up. She began to lightly snore and is sounded so adorable. She was so peaceful when she slept. I played with her hair for a little while longer and then I began to feel tired too. I slowly drifted off in total contentment and happiness, my hands stilled intertwined with her hair. Today was a good day. 

Author's Note: This episode was so cute for me to write, I couldn't help myself. I know it's sort of cliche and a little bit fast, but I promise things are going to be moving much slower from now on. I'll try not to make it too corny, but sometimes I just think it would be disappointing if I didn't add in adorable moments like these. I hope you enjoyed and will continue to enjoy CCR!

- Gabby <3