Long Nights

( Sam's POV )

I woke up in a cold sweat, breathing heavily. It was a nightmare. Ever since that night with Jake I've been having them. It feels weird, having him all of a sudden live with us. I have a right to be angry and upset with him, but I can't help but feel I'm missing something. Nobody acts like an idiot for no reason, and we all have our issues. I don't know... hopefully things get better soon. We planned for a trip today to the mall. Mostly to help remake the garage and get Jake a closet of clothes, but obviously we'd do much more than just that. I slowly crept downstairs to get a drink of water and then went back up. Today would be exciting.
—————- Time Skip brought to you by Ethan because yes ——————

We all got ready in our best outfits to go to the mall. I couldn't hold in my excitement. I looked over to Alex.
" Hey, wanna get some cinnamon pretzel bites first? " I asked him, although whether he said yes or no I was still gonna get em.
" Mmm those are bomb as fuck. Yeah, let's do that! " he replied. I knew I like him for a good reason.
————- Another teeny tiny Time Skip ————-
Once we arrived at the mall, Alex and I instantly ran for the food court. Skye, Daisy, and Jake went their own way, probably to Burlington or Marshalls. After Alex and I ordered the cinnamon pretzel bites, we made our way to Dunkin Donuts. We both ordered the same thing, a frozen Matcha Latte ( A/N never tried it but I'm sure it's great ).
" I heard they restocked on Twenty One Pilots merch, wanna go check it out? " I asked eagerly to Alex. He laughed a bit, then followed my lead to Hot Topic. Turns out, they didn't restock on merch, but they did restock on Pocky! There was a big bundle of many different flavors, so I decided to get that, although Strawberry is my favorite. I then proceeded to drag Alex to every single store there was in the entire mall. Yep, I'm very talented.
————— Time Skip to the end of the mall trip —————
At the end, I had 5 cute animal plushies, a pack of Pocky, a ton of soft fuzzy blankets, and of course a cute puppy calendar. I'm proud of myself, I got great stuff. The whole ride home all I couldn't think about is what we would be watching tonight. It was my turn to pick, so I had to choose reallyreallyreally well. After a bit of thinking, I finally decided. LET'S WATCH THE OFFICE! It's perfect, hopefully everyone else enjoys it too.
——————Sorry another Time Skip——————
I put on The Office and we all gathered around the tv. There were tons of snacks so we could continue binging practically the whole night. Obviously, there was no way any of us would be able to actually pull that off with how tired we were. I fell asleep about a season and a half in, and began to have that nightmare again. Lightning, thunder, rain. I just stood in the open field. I was so soaked in water that it almost felt like I had jumped in a pool with my clothes on. Then, the dark gray clouds suddenly started coming closer and closer to me. They surrounded me, and I found it hard to breathe. I jolted awake, bursting into a cold sweat once again and struggling for air. I looked around me. No clouds, no rain, no field, no nothing. Just the living room. Just my friends. I sighed and looked over at Alex, who was sleeping soundly. Daisy and Skye were snuggling, how adorable are they?! Then I saw Jake. I got the chills just thinking about him, but he seemed a lot less scary when he was asleep. I hope things can be better between us someday, but for now, I just can't. I got some midnight snacks and water, then went back to sleep on Alex's shoulder. When will these nightmares end?

A/N: What's poppin guys? That was a fairly short episode, but I hope that doesn't make it any less valuable. Look forward to more in the near future! Love you guys and I'll talk to you next time!

- Gabby <3