Wait a Minute

( Skye's POV )

I woke up to the sound of the bedroom door creaking slowly. I couldn't help but grin.
" Hi Daisy... " I whispered groggily.
" Oh! You're up? Sorry, did I wake you? " she whispered back. I giggled a bit.
" Yeah, I heard you trying to close the door ' quietly ', but it's okay. "
" Oh, sorry, " she apologized again. God she's so cute. She crawled into bed and I wrapped my arms around her. Yes I am the big spoon, it's quite obvious too, I mean Daisy might act tough but she's all bark and no bite. I was completely content, holding her as we both went to sleep.
———————— Time Skipperino ———————

The sun blinded me when I opened my eyes. I noticed Daisy was changing, only wearing a crop top and her underwear.
" Nice ass, " I said jokingly, which startled her.
" JESUS I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE AWAKE YET- " she yelled out. I laughed hysterically.
" Oh Skye, there's something I need to tell you about. It's gonna be surprising, but hopefully you aren't mad at me for it, " Hmmm I'm not so sure I like this. I lifted an eyebrow, urging her to continue.
" Uh so maybejustmaybeJakeisinourhouserightnowandImgoingtoredothegarageandhesgonnaliveherenow. " she said WAYYY too fucking fast. I broke it down in my head, which took several minutes.
" Wait, you what?? Isn't Jake the homophobic kid??? Why the hell would you do that? " I was so confused, it's not like her to make bad decisions though, so she must have a good reason.
" Listen, you can't let anyone know about this, but here's how it all went... " She explained what had happened last night and everything Jake had told her. She also mentioned that apparently Jake is pan, huh. Crazy, what a bunch of gay fucks the people she's close to are lmao.
" So, where is he now? " I asked.
" Oh, he's in the living room. I was getting dressed so I could go down and make us all some breakfast. Wanna come? " Haha... wanna come.... I'm so dirty minded.
" Yeah, sure. Is that even a question? Could you also get my medicine too though, I'm starting to feel the scratchy throat and headache kick back in. "
" Of course honey, " she kissed my on the forehead. " but you might wanna put on some pants and a shirt on first. Just maybe, " she added sarcastically. I chuckled a bit and then got dressed as she went down to get everything set up.

—————————Le Time Skip ————————

I knocked on Sam and Alex's door and peeked my head in.
" Hey guys, wake up, breakfast is ready! " I said cheerfully. They both perked up right away and ran downstairs. Hah, of course. Food never fails. I headed down after them and saw a cute little boy in the living room. His eyes were all puffy looking and he had bandages on, but besides that he was adorable. Cute brown curly hair, nice greenish blue eyes. No hetero obviously, he's probably still a minor and I'm gay.
" Sup dude, " I said to him, but he didn't acknowledge me.
" Hello? " I said walking up to him.
" OH, you're talking to me? I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you were... uh... sorry... " he said awkwardly, fumbling over his words. Ah, he's the shy type.
" It's alright, you're new here, and don't even know who I am. I'm Skye, Daisy's girlfriend. Nice to meet you, " I said, giving him a small handshake.
" I'm Jake, it's cool to meet you too. " he replied.
" Cmon, you can sit next to me for breakfast. " I offered him. He seemed hesitant, but maybe that's only because we just met. Daisy handed out the food and then sat on the other side of me. She gave me my medicine and then we all started talking to each other about what we would do today. I noticed that Jake had been quiet for most of the time, so I looked over at him. He was playing with his hands under the table and then lifted his elbows up and rested them on the table. The others just continued to talk.

(Tw// more self harm stuff )

As his sleeves rolled up a bit, I noticed a mark. Jake reaches over to itch it, revealing more of them. I recognized them all too well. He made those marks. I tapped on his shoulder and quietly told him to follow me. I led him to the garage so that later I could use that as an excuse.
" Hey, can you do me a favor? " I asked Jake.
" Uhhh.. sure, why not. What is it? " he responded.
" Jake... please roll up your sleeves. " His eyes went wide and he looked down at his arms. He looked up at me and started to speak again.
" Um.. w-why? Haha... kind of a weird request.. " he said with a quavering voice.
" Jake, just do it please. We both know I already know, I just want to be sure. " He rolled them up slowly, revealing tons of cut scars. Some looked very recent. His eyes started to fill with tears, so I gently wrapped my arms around him.
" It's okay, I won't tell anyone. Just.. promise me one thing, " I said calmly, trying to soothe him.
" Just promise me you won't do this again. I know that's a difficult promise, but you can trust me. I've been there man, I've done it. It's not you're only option. You're with us now, and we- or at least Daisy and I for now- love and care about you and your safety. " I separated from him and looked him in his eyes.

( Trigger warning is over now :) )

" Whatever you were trying to escaped from now is gone, you're free here. Be yourself. Got that? " He only gave a small nod. I pulled down his sleeves for him and gave him a pat on the back. He wiped his tears and then we both walked back into the kitchen like nothing happened. Jake's gonna fit in here just fine. I hope I can help him feel comfortable in his own skin again.

A/N: A short-ish episode this time. Sorry that Jake has been crying so much recently lol. I think we can all relate, it's stressful trying to find yourself and be whoever and whatever that is. Hope you guys enjoyed though, I love you so much!!! Until next time!

- Gabby <3