Sleep Over

( Sam's POV <3 )

I was sitting in the living room, waiting for Alex to finally arrive for our sleep over. I wanted him to stay over so that I wouldn't do anything stupid. After the whole incident with Kayla and Wendy, I couldn't think right. I've already done some regrettable things, and Alex has been the only one to convince me otherwise. He's the best friend I could ever ask for, he's supportive, friendly, caring, and to top it all of, cute as all hell. He doesn't know I like him, but I'm okay with it this way. I don't want to complicate his life like that. A knock at the door interrupted my thoughts. Speak of the devil,

" Hi Alex, come in! " I yelled. He opened up the front door and instantly ran over to me.

" Hi Sammy Yam! " he said as he gave me a huge hug. He called me Sammy Yam ever since I said that I hated sweet potatoes- stupid, I know, they just don't taste good to me.

 " Are you okay? How are you feeling? " he asked me.

" Yeah, I'm just afraid of breaking my streak... you know? I tend to let other's comments cling to me a bit too much... " I replied to him. I mean, that and I wanted to see his adorable face again.

" I get it, I'm here for you though. No bad choices on my watch! " he said jokingly, trying to lighten the mood. I giggled a bit and gave a small smile.

" You wanna go in my room and listen to some music? " I asked him.

 " Fuck yeah! " he replied, making me laugh. We walked down the hallway and went into my room. I hooked up my phone to the speaker in my room and began to play The Good, The Bad, And The Dirty by Panic! At The Disco. Alex started dancing around and lip-syncing like a goofball,

" What the fuck are you doing you weirdo? " I asked Alex jokingly as I laughed hysterically.

" Come on, you know you love it. Join me! " he said to me.

" No way in hell am I joining you, no thank you, " I said and giggled a bit.

" Pleeeaaassseee, " he added, giving me the puppy dog eyes and reaching his hand out.

" Fine, " I finally gave in and took Alex's hand. I blushed as I realized what I had just done. Holy shit we're holding hands. Alex practically dragged me to the center of the room and grabbed my hand as Camisado by Panic! At The Disco started to play. He started jumping around and singing along with Brendon Urie. I couldn't help but laugh and eventually join in. We were basically screaming in order to try and sing in Brendon's vocal range.

-------------- Time Skip To 8pm ---------------

After about 8 hours of dancing around and singing with Alex, I began to get tired.

" Hey, Alex, I'm getting tired now, " I told Alex.

" I am too, I'll go change into pajamas in here and you can change in the bathroom, " he said. I knew he offered for me to change in the bathroom because he knew how I was insecure about myself. I nodded as I grabbed my pajamas and then went into the bathroom to change. When I came out and went to my room to find that Alex hadn't exactly finished changing, and he didn't have his shirt on. I became flustered and I started wildly blushing.

" OH! I'm sorry, I didn't know you weren't fully changed yet! " I said covering my eyes, even though I really didn't want to.

" Sam, it's fine. It's just my shirt that's not on, there's nothing to see, " he said as he gave a small laugh. I love how cute his laugh was.

" Still, " I said, keeping my eyes covered. 

" There, is that better? " he said. I opened my eyes to see that he STILL didn't put a shirt on yet.

" HEY! Don't do that Alex! " I said quickly covering my eyes again.

" HAHA, I GOT YOU SO GOOD! " he said in between laughs.

" Not funny! " I said jokingly. 

" Are you blushing, Sam? " Alex asked me. I could feel my cheeks getting hot.

" N.. No.... " I lied. Alex gasped.

" You totally are! You're blushing! " he teased me.

" ALEX! " I yelled a him.

" Aw, you're so cute when you're mad haha! " he said.  I didn't respond, not wanting to give away that I was clearly flustered. I heard Alex shuffle around and then I heard him say,

" Okay, I have a shirt on now. I'm being serious this time, " I trusted him and took my hands off my eyes. As soon as my eyes opened I saw Alex, and he was only about 5 inches away from my face. I stared into his eyes, confused on why he was this close to me. Before I could ask him anything, he leaned forward and kissed me. At first I was hesitant to kiss back, but then I gave in. It lasted for about a minute. When we finally parted, we both looked away awkwardly.

" Uhm... I guess it's time to go to sleep. " I said. Alex nodded. I got into the top bunk where I normally slept and Alex got into the bottom bunk. We both fell asleep within seconds of our heads hitting the pillow. 

-------------- Time Skip To Nightmare ---------------

( Trigger Warning for anyone who gets triggered by suicidal thoughts and homophobic comments )

I was sitting on a bench with all of my friends, Kayla, Wendy, Jake, and Alex. Kayla was talking with Wendy and Jake about how horrible the LGBTQ+ community was. I couldn't say anything, so I just had to sit there and listen. Listen to every little thing they said. " Homosexuality is just a mental illness ", " They're all so disgusting ", " They all deserve to die ". I became overwhelmed by all of the insults that were being said to me, indirectly of course. I ran home and once I got there I started the water in my tub. I waited as it filled up. Once it was filled, I stopped the faucet and made sure the drain blocker was on. I got into the tub and dunked my head under. I tried to stay under as long as possible. I was under there for 1 minute, now 2, now 3 and my vision was slowly fading. I felt my breath run out as I struggled, trying to keep myself under longer. Just a bit longer and I'll be gone. I repeated all of the comments what Kayla, Wendy, and Jake had said inside my heave, over and over again. I was blacking out, and then-

My eyes opened as fast as they possibly could as I sat up. I began to cry as I realized it was a nightmare. Not just any nightmare, but a flashback. I started crying more and more and soon it turned into a full on break down.

" Alex...? " I called out shakily.

" Yeah Sam? " he answered.

" Can I come down there? " I asked, my voice still shaking.

" Yeah, of course, " he replied back to me. I hopped off the top bunk and crawled into the bottom bunk with Alex. I layed in front of him as he wrapped his arms around me. I resumed my break down and he held me tighter. He whispered in my ear, telling me to calm down and saying that he was there for me. After a while I finally began to calm down and then he started singing softly to me. He sang Lovely by Twenty One Pilots. His singing made me feel safe, like I was at home, right where I belong. I slowly drifted off to sleep, him still cradling my in his arms and still singing softly to me.

Author's Note: I hope you're enjoying this story so far! I know this episode was kind of a rollercoaster of emotions, but I hope you like it anyway! I hope you're having an amazing day, I love you all so so so much, 

- Gabby <3