Parents

( Alex's POV, )

( Trigger warning, mention of alcoholism )

I woke up at Sam's house. My arms were wrapped around him while he was sleeping peacefully in front of me. His dad is on vacation, so this was okay. I could snuggle with him all I wanted. As I started to wake up a bit more, I thought back to the night before. Holy shit, I kissed Sam! FINALLY! I felt like screeching with joy, but I didn't feel like waking up Sam. He's been through a lot, not only recently but his entire life. He needs some rest. Now that I've kissed a boy, I feel like.... like I NEED to come out. Not in that " I feel so pressured " kind of way, but I feel proud. I feel confident. I want to use to confidence to hopefully tell my dad that I'm gay without anything bad happening. My dad was always drunk when I was younger and always shouted about anything and everything on TV. To make it worse, he was into politics. Not in a normal way, either. I'm talking about the " I'll fucking murder you if you disagree with me " kind of into politics. I'm 99.999999999999999% sure he's against the LGBTQ+ community and LGBTQ+ rights, but I feel like my confidence could maybe change the way he thinks about it. I felt Sam shuffle around as he let out a tiny murmur.

" Good morning sunshine, " I said. He gave a small smile back. We both got up, ready to start our day.

---------------- Time Skip To Alex Leaving Sam's House -----------------

After I had told Sam about his plan, he decided he would tell his family about being transgender and bisexual. His dad is coming home today, so we're going to come out on the same day. In case you didn't catch my drift, we're coming out today, both of us, that's basically what I'm saying.

" Well, good luck Sam. I love you, I hope things go well. If I don't leave now, my dad will get mad. Bye! "

" Bye, good luck and I love you too! " Sam said.  I put on my backpack, opened the door, and began walking back home. 

------------ Time Skip To Alex's House -------------

( Trigger warning, verbal abuse, mention of abuse, abandonment )

I opened my door and walked into the house. My dad was in the bathroom, probably just got out of the shower. I waited about 5 minutes and he finally came out.

" Hey dad, " I said awkwardly. No response. I cleared my throat, regaining the confidence I had from this morning.

" I need to talk to you for a moment. I need to tell you something, " I said. No response once again, but this time he moved into the living room and sat down on a chair. After a few minutes, he finally spoke.

" I'm listening, come on, I don't have all day. " Oh no, I feel sick.

" Uh... uhm... dad? I... I'm.. " I stuttered violently, fumbling over my words.

" SPIT IT OUT KID! " my dad yelled. I felt tears begin to well up in my eyes, but I help them back as best as I could.

" Dad, I'm gay. " I finally said, as confident as I possibly could.

" You what? " he said, getting up. His fists were clenched.

" I'm gay. " I repeated for him, but this time more confident. I too stood up to meet eyes with him.

" Get out. " he said firmly.

" What? " I asked, confused as to what he meant.

" Leave this house, and never come back. If I ever see you back here again, I'm either going to kill you or I'm calling the police. " he rephrased and explained.

" But- " I began to speak but he cut me off.

" OUT! NOW! " he yelled at the top of his lungs. I luckily still had my bag on so I at least had some snacks and a couple of water bottles. I had a couple of outfits  and my phone too. I feared the fact that I didn't know how long any of this is going to last me. I don't know where to go. I began walking, standing outside Sam's house, hoping I'd be able to connect to his wifi from outside. I was unsuccessful. Now all I could do was wait until he finally came outside. Hopefully that would be rather soon. 

Author's Note: Short episode, I know. I'm writing two today though, so hopefully that makes up for it! Trust me, this is all building up to something that's well worth it. Believe and trust in me! I hope you're having a wonderful day, I love you guys!

- Gabby <3