The Secret

( Some homophobic comments again, so a quick trigger warning <3 )

( Alex's POV ;)) )

It was a nice spring day and I was just chilling in my room when a notification went off on my phone. I opened it to see that it was the chat that I was in along with Kayla, Wendy, Jake, and Sam. I clicked on our chat and began to read the new messages. ( K= Kayla, W= Wendy, J= Jake, S= Sam, and A= Alex )

K: Ew. Guys, someone just came out to me and Jessie as gay, can you fucking believe it?

J: The nerve of some fucking people. It's like they don't have any respect,

W: They don't call them wild and diseased animals for nothing lol

K: Ikr. I'm so disgusted. I don't think I can even look at them anymore without throwing up ew lmao

W: Then don't look at them. If you even look at them or wave to them I swear I won't ever be your friend again

K: Don't worry, I wasn't planning on seeing that disgusting freak ever again anyway

J: I gtg, bye guys, catch up with you later.

Jake has gone offline

I felt my hands began to shake. Not this again. I've always hated when they were homophobic like this. Not to mention that I myself was gay. I usually let it slide and stay quiet, knowing that they all came from some pretty messed up backgrounds. But I couldn't stand for it this time. I had to say something. 

A: I mean, I don't really see what's so wrong about it. Why does what gender they choose to love matter? 

I typed slowly, my nerves causing me to make all kinds of mistakes before finally getting my words right. 

W: Are you shitting me right now dude? It's not right, it's not natural. You can't love the same gender.

K: Yeah, what are you, gay? Only a gay person would be supportive of those freaks.

They both replied. Come on Alex, play it cool, don't be a coward. You gotta do this, 

A: No, I just think it's none of our business who others love, you know?

I typed once I found the right words to say. 

K: No, I don't know. What are you, crazy? Get out of here with those idiotic opinions.

Kayla replied.  I made sure to screenshot the chat and then, I did. I left. But I didn't just go offline, I left the chat. For good. I needed so desperately to get those toxic assholes out of my life. Thank god it was sooner rather than later. I thought back to what Kayla had said at the beginning of the chat. Somebody had came out to her. Who could it be? She doesn't know anybody other than us and her sisters. It definitely wasn't one of us in the chat, because nobody would be comfortable enough to tell her that sort of thing since we all know she's homophobic. That means it was one of her sisters. But which one? I doubt it was Jessie, Jessie is straighter than a line. I'm gay, I notice these kinds of things, there's no way in hell Jessie is gay. It has to be Daisy. I thought about Daisy for a little while, thinking of all the fun things she always used to do with us. Going to the arcade, taking us out for ice cream, throwing us mini-parties. She was cool. It sucks that she has to deal with a homophobic sister like Kayla. Maybe I'll text her tomorrow, see how she's doing. After I was done thinking about Daisy, I thought back to the chat. I looked at the messages I screenshotted once again and then something came to me. Sam hadn't said anything or even read the messages yet- wait.... SAM! OH SHIT OH FUCK OH MY GOD DAMN IT! Sam had came out to me as trans, FTM. He didn't have to change his name now that he's a boy since Sam is gender neutral. But he's in that chat, and he's going to see those ugly homophobic comments at some point. I haven't told him yet, but I have a crush on him. I CAN'T LET MY SWEET PRECIOUS BABY SEE THOSE NASTY COMMENTS! HE DOESN'T DESERVE TO SEE THAT SHIT! I quickly went over to Sam and I's private dm's and messaged him. ( S= Sam, A= Alex )

A: SAM! Please tell me you didn't read the chat with me, you, Kayla, Wendy, and Jake,

S: Too late.

A: I'm so sorry they said those things. Did you reply to any of it?

S: Yeah, here's a screenshot

A: Oh my god, did they seriously have THE NERVE to say that shit??!!

S: Yeah.

A: Are you okay? I'm here for you, you know,

S: I'm fine, but can you come over tonight? I'm afraid to be alone, I don't want to do anything stupid.

A: Yeah, of course, 

I went offline and then began packing to sleep over at Sam's house. I was excited but also fearful at the same time. I knew we would have so much fun, but I had a feeling that things might get dark and sad. I put on my backpack filled with stuff for the sleep over and then started my walk to Sam's house. 

Author's Note: I know this one was sort of short, but I hope you enjoyed it anyways! I feel like having only one storyline in a fictional world FULL of possibilities would be a waste, so they next few posts will be showing you the storyline of Alex and Sam. I love you guys!

- Gabby <3