Safe and Sound

( Daisy's POV )

I pulled into the parking lot of Ice-Cream Wonders to see none other than Jake's car. That assholes about to get what he deserves. Just as I stopped and Alex got revved up and ready to kick some ass, I got a notification from Jake. I stopped Alex and watched the video I got. Long story short, it was a video of Jake kissing Sam.
" Alex, you're not gonna like this... " I told Alex, nervous that after seeing the video he might actually KILL this fucker. I handed him my phone and watched as his face changed from nervous to enraged. At this point there was no stopping him. He practically teleported over the the car and ripped Jake out. I couldn't hear what was said, but they exchanged a few words before Alex lifted his fist and knocked Jake onto the ground. HELL YEAH, THAT'S MY BOY!! He didn't stop there though, he continued to punch Jake, maybe 5 times. I jogged over so that I could comfort Sam while his boyfriend was busy beating the shit out of someone. I gently pulled Sam out of the car and gave him a big hug. He lightly cried into my shoulder and the hug only got increasingly tighter. I saw Jake get up and he slowly creeped his way over to sit on his car's bumper. Alex was about to destroy him again, but I gave him the look and he refrained. I let go of Sam and walked over to Jake.
" So, why the fuck did you do it? Huh? What's your problem loser?! " I yelled at him. He stayed silent.
" Pleading the 5th huh, little shit. Don't make me beat you up now, I might be a female but I'm stronger than Alex. Talk now, or talk to the hand. " I said, trying my hardest to intimidate him.
" bun... ga... ho... " he mumbled so I only heard tiny fragments of his sentence.
" Speak up bitch, " I told him.
" I said, bunch of gay whores. " he said with a smug grin on his face. Oh he's gonna get ripped to shreds.
" Oh shut up, you're one to talk. Now tell me why you've done this. " I rolled my eyes and scoffed at him.
" FINE! God, you're so annoying. Kayla liked Alex, but Alex told her he liked Sam. So, she asked Wendy to do something to Sam. Obviously Wendy is too lazy to do any of the dirty work, so she sent me to do it. " he explained, but it still didn't add up.
" So why'd you kiss Sam? What, do you like him? Yknow that sorta makes you gay right, " I replied, trying to be a smartass. He seemed to get antsy though, and looked away from me.
" Mm.. " was all he said.
" Real specific there, I'm going to assume that means you like Sam, am I right? " This was getting juicy, I had to know.
" Yeah, okay?! You happy now?! I've liked Sam for the longest time but I never knew she wanted to be a he. I don't like guys. " he said at a rapid rate, trying to justify himself. I mean they all say they're homophobic but not afraid of gays, but this dude seems like he's legitimately afraid of gay.
" Dude, you still like Sam right? Even now that he looks like a boy? "
" Yeah... what difference does it make whether she looks like a dude or not? She's still a girl and still has the same personality. "
" Boi. You gay. Well, maybe not gay since you're transphobic, but if you're into that masculine look maybe you're not all that straight dude. "
" Are you trying to say that I'm bi? No FUCKING way. I'm not one of you bitches. "
" Mmmmmm honey you just kissed a dude and you liked it-"
" BUT I SEE HER AS A GIRL! "
" Buuuttt he literally doesn't look like a girl. Cmon dude, just be honest. Do you or do you not care about gender? " He paused. I'm betting he's pan, probably just brainwashed by parents with high expectations.
" No but- it's not right. We're not supposed to be that way. It's unacceptable. Horrid, no. I refuse to be apart of that fucking cult. " Wait a damn minute.... I WAS RIGHT? HOLY FUCK I CAN'T RIGHT NOW! HE'S ONE OF US?!?!
" DUDE, HOLD UP- " I searched up on my phone the pansexual definition. I showed him my screen and gestured for him to read it.
" Does that feel like it describes you at all? " Just to play devil's advocate, I needed to get to the bottom of this.
" Y-yeah... actually.... That's exactly how I feel. I don't specifically care about gender it's just the personality that matters... but being with the same gender is bad! It's not normal! " I got him. He's a gay ass bitch in denial.
" That's pansexual. Bro, you're one of us. Whether you like it or not, you can't live in denial like this. " I told him. I saw a tear slowly roll down his cheek. They came one by one and he tried to hide his face.
" Jake, I know there's a lot of bad blood between us, but it's okay. You can open up to me. Tell me why you're so afraid of ' gay ', please. " I said gently. I walked over to him and pulled his hands out of his face. I put my arm around him and pulled him close to me. No matter what happened in the past, I'll always show compassion. He hugged me and cried into my shoulder. I noticed Sam and Alex looked over, clearly confused. I only pointed to my car, telling them to go and wait.
" I- this is impossible. I can't be gay... I can't be one of you. I don't want to. I just want to be normal. Why? Why me of all people? Why?! " he cried even harder now, his words barely comprehendible. I rubbed his back lightly and lifted his face up. I wiped his tears, which made my hands red because of the blood on his face. I looked him in the eyes and told him
" It's okay, you're okay. You're safe with me. Please, tell me why you're so scared. I won't judge you, we've all got it tough. I'll keep it secret if you want too, " He nodded slowly and took a deep breath.
" My father, he's a very successful business man. He works hard to make money and support my mom and I. My mom raised me, a stay at home type. All my life they've been nothing but good to me. Gay is a crime, and they don't accept it in our community. I was raised to hate everyone like you, or- I guess us.... they're gonna kill me if they find out. And I'm not kidding. " Jake spilled his heart out. He must've been thinking about how he can't go back to acting as if he fit his parents' ideal mold. He started crying again. I quickly pulled him in for another hug as he muttered his negative thoughts out loud.
" I can't go back to Kayla and Wendy. "
" What would my parents think? "
" My life is over. "
" I'm going to be homeless now. "
He continued to blurt our all his negativity, but I had an idea. Yeah.... we have a nice garage area, it's big enough....
" Jake, you're coming with us. No need to pack anything, get in the car. With me, you're safe and sound. Don't you worry. "
He stared back at me, concern and confusion written all over his face.
" Cmon, my girlfriend is sick and it's like 1am. I've gotta take care of her if she wakes up. We don't have all night yknow, " I grabbed his arm and he let out a yelp. Huh, must have gotten hurt when he got knocked down by Alex.
" Sorry, " I apologized, loosening my grip but still trying to pull him along. He finally just went with it and followed me to my car.

A/N: What's up?! Pretty weird right? What a plot twist! Do you still hate Jake? Do you think he's faking it? Who knows! I hope you enjoyed this episode though! Have a great day/night and overall entire week! Stay strong and healthy, love all of you!!!

- Gabby <3