Everybody Is Trying Something

"Are we close?" Serenity whined in the back seat. She was growing impatient with this trip to Phire's place. The family flew out to DC to attend a conference that Tracie would be speaking at. Since they flew in early, they decided to pay Sapphire a surprise visit. "Almost baby. You miss your sister don't you?" Tracie asked, knowing the answer to that. "Yesssss. Why does she have to be so far away?" The 7 year old voiced. "Because your mama ran her away," JJ joked, recieving a nudge from Tracie.

"No I didn't. She just feels like this is the better school for her. When you get older you'll understand," Tracie explained. "No I won't," Serenity mumbled to herself as she looked out the window. She watched cars go by, building after building pass until finally they approached the street leading to Sapphire's apartment. Not even letting JJ completely park, Serenity jumped out the car, running towards the stairs with excitement. "That's your impatient child right there," JJ voiced. "Oh now she's my daughter. What happened to that's your lil Junior?" Tracie threw out.

"Shit happens. But we could start trying for a real Junior," he spoke, nuzzling up to her ear. "Ha! You tried it," she said, getting out the car. She watched her youngest dart into the apartment, screaming Sapphire's name. Getting upstairs, she was met with a sight that she didn't expect. Game systems everywhere, men's size 12 Jordans lined up by the door. Clearly there was a male companion around and Tracie was trying to figure out who it was. Serenity screaming bloody murder made her snap out of her thoughts.

 Serenity screaming bloody murder made her snap out of her thoughts

"Phire got me the Ultimate Optimus Prime! Oh my God. I need to get Bumblebee out of the car so he can see his family!" Serenity screamed. The little one ran outside to get her Transformer, leaving Tracie to snoop around. "So how is life out here? I know college life at Howard can have you doing some crazy stuff," she said, looking around every corner. "It's great mama. How is life as the traveling spokesperson?" Sapphire asked in return, trying to keep her mother occupied. "It's great. You gonna show me around or not?" Tracie pried.

"It's not that big," Phire pointed out. "Yeah well your sister knows more about this place than I do. Come on," Tracie pushed, wanting her daughter to expose a secret. Phire huffed as she gave her mother the short tour, avoiding the master bedroom altogether. "I want to see your room," Tracie mentioned. JJ looked at his wife, wondering why she was being more nosey than normal. "It looks just it did in New York. Now about you and this conference. Are you ready?" Phire questioned. Serenity hopped up, running to the bathroom while Tracie and Phire stared at each other.

"Yeah I'm ready. I just figured I'd relax, maybe lay on my child's bed that I paid for but she's being stubborn," Tracie mumbled. "You didn't even pay for the bed. Dad did," Phire argued. Tracie glared at her oldest, Sapphire immediately cowered down. "Phire can I play on Celly's playstation?" Serenity asked, spilling the beans. She instantly slapped her hands over her mouth, forgetting that Cel and Phire living together was a secret. "Cel? Why would Cel's stuff be here?" JJ asked, getting upset as be finally acknowledged the clues that laid around the apartment.