It Is Time To Man Up

Two Weeks Later

Taraji sat down, talking to Jussie to get to know him a little better. After Lee sent the video to her, she instantly told him to hire Jussie as Jamal. It was something about his personality that made her feel like he would bring a light to the set and she needed someone to be close with since Terrence definitely had the role of Lucious. "Lee what did you need us here for?" Taraji asked, looking around. Aside from her and Jussie, there weren't any other cast members there which was strange in her opinion. Danny, Sanaa, and Lee were discussing something privately before Lee turned in Taraji's direction. "We need a second opinion on the role for Hakeem," he simply said.

"So you want us to watch a video or what?" She asked, honestly wondering what was taking so damn long to get it over with. "No. We have someone here for an audition but I want you and your baby daddy to do a read with him," Taraji's eyes bucked at the mention of "her baby daddy". "Why did you say baby daddy?" She asked, trying not to sound guilty. "Because he's Lucious? You're Cookie... he is your baby daddy. Are you drunk already?" Lee threw out. "A little tipsy," she played off, putting the glass of mimosa down. Shortly after, the door opened and Terrence walked in looking a bit fucked up in the head. "Finally. Alright you two are going to be reading alongside Bryshere Gray," Lee told them.

She wanted to ask was he okay but the other side of her said to leave it alone and keep this strictly business. Bringing Bryshere in, he looked at the 2 A-list stars and froze. "Don't be worried. They ain't nobody. Just read the script," Lee yelled out. "Don't listen to him. Just relax and breathe. If you mess up just keep going. We all fuck up sometimes. You'll be fine," Taraji told him. After a few runs, Yazz's nerves started getting to him. "Look man. You're doing good but you need to own it!," Terry told him, giving Taraji a quick glance. Yazz nodded and looked at the script again before Lee yelled action obnoxiously.

Running through a few pages, the directors felt that Yazz a great fit. "Alright hold up! We got a table read coming up. The very first one with the entire cast. I need y'all prepared! This show is going to be iconic!" Lee bellowed. "It's a 5am call. Just be up. Might have some champagne to wake y'all up. Lee talks too much sometimes," Daniel threw out, seeing the worry in Yazz's face. "I want them as excited as me," Lee mentioned. "Well they aren't as drunk as you are right now so it's not working. See y'all next week!" Daniel said, pushing Lee towards the door. "You did so good," Taraji praised Yazz. "I'm so nervous. I can't believe I get to work with you two," he mentioned, letting out a nervous chuckle.

"You are too cute. You remind me of my son. Just make sure you set some alarms. Early morning calls are not pretty when someome is late," Raji told him before giving him a quick hug and going to talk with Jussie. "I gotta to call my moms," Yazz said before taking off and leaving Terry all by himself. He let out a heavy breath before walking over to Taraji. She glanced over her shoulder and scoffed. "What do you want Terrence?" She asked. "Can we talk please?" He asked with sincerity. "Have you talked to your son? Any of them?" She threw back, getting a confused look from Terry. "Yeah I thought so. No we can't talk," she snapped. Terry thought to himself. Why would she say any of them?

Pulling out his phone, he remembered that he never called Hunter back. He called his son to check on him since Taraji was being vague and quite daunting. Not getting an answer, he called again as he walked outside. Again no answer. Finally he just decided to send a text that said call me. Sitting in his car, Terry was trying to find a way to talk to Marcel. No matter how he felt he should approach him and the situation, it never felt right to him. His phone dinged as he started his car once he saw Taraji and Jussie walk outside.

Hunter: Nah I'm good. Have fun with your new son. I'm back with mama Raji so if you find yourself looking for me, do me a favor and don't. She won't let you anyways.