You Gotta Be Kidding

Apryl glared at the side of her sisters head as she put their carry one over her head. After that spectacle before boarding her mind was on more things than business. She seemed to be the only one of the two. Taraji managed to convince everyone that she lost her footing and hit her head. Which in turn she did but Apryl knew her sister well enough to know when she was conscious. When she fell she was not anything close to conscious. 

"Stop tripping Apes. Relax." Taraji huffed side eyeing her sisters whose fiery gaze was burning holes into her. 

"You are not okay." Apryl hisses out sitting down. Taraji rolled her eyes adjusting her neck pillow. 

"I'm fine, I told you I tripped. Aside from this headache I'm fine! Would you leave it!" Taraji snapped getting irritated. She had two weeks of flights and driving for press. She couldn't afford to not be okay right now. 

"You're a liar. Raji you know something's up. You don't faint for no reason. Stop thinking about work, think about you right now." Apryl spoke Taraji's health was one thing she didn't play with. From everything her sister had been through plus how stress physically made her sick. This was something she wasn't gonna ease off of. 

"I am thinking about me. I know me, and I am fine. I need this tour so I can make money, so I can eat." Taraji spoke watching the runway getting farther away. As soon as they could take off their seatbelts she was going the fuck to sleep. She felt exhausted to the point that this argument was taxing. 

"Oh shut the fuck up. With Terrys stock investments y'all are fucking fine!" Apryl spat. 

"Leave it alone!"

"No! I will not leave it alone. Not until you get checked out!" Apryl hissed her voice raising an octave. 

"Fine fine fine!" Taraji barked, putting in her headphones. Tuning Apryl out completely, it was fairly easy. She didn't remember when she fell asleep. One minute she was listening to some Missy Elliot the next she was being shaken awake. 

"Girl get up we here." Apryl spoke already up, grabbing bags.

Taraji frowned wondering how she slept a whole flight but it only felt like she blinked. She didn't feel replenished at all. Pulling herself together she slowly gathered her things swaying when she stood. Apryl pursed her lips eyeing her sister. First thing tomorrow morning she would be in a doctor's office. She already scheduled it thanks to the plane Wi-Fi. One of the benefits of flying first class. Watching her sister exit the plane Apryl felt like something was extremely off. Her fear heightened when Taraji paused leaning against the wall. 

"Are you okay?" Apryl questioned noticing how heavy she was breathing. 

Taraji looked up mouthing no before her eyes lost focus and for the second time today her body shut down. This time luckily Apryl was there to catch her. Flashbacks amplified her fear as some people rushed to help her. Fuck a morning appointment they were going straight to the hospital. Any other time she would have said no to an ambulance ride but with Taraji not coming to and them being deep in the airport the faster she got to the emergency room the better. 

A few hours later.....

Taraji groaned slowly making her way back to her hospital bed. Pushing the pole that held her IV drip. Come to find out she was severely dehydrated which were the cause of her fainting spells today. She was set to be discharged today if all her tests came back looking well. In the meantime she was being pumped with fluids to get her body back to normal. She wished her damn body would just cut it out already. She was thankful for the doctor doing a blood test to officially diagnose her menopause. 

Explaining her symptoms he was almost sure she was a victim of age. Deciding to do a test to get a check on her FSH and estrogen levels, asking her doctors back home to fax over her medical history. There was nothing he could give her to help with that. She just had to deal with it.