Follow your Heart

A week later....

Taraji groaned making some warm milk. She leaned against the counter finding herself dozing off, waking up with a jump every few seconds. She was exhausted, with two sick kids She was getting no sleep. Cyrus was down with a stomach bug, and Kehlani had a bad cold. Both deciding that her bed was the best place for them. Which resulted in lots of random wake ups in the middle of the night.

She awoke to the sound of her front door opening and closing, the click of locks next. Followed by slippers on her marble floor. Micheal yawned setting his keys down on the counter looking at Taraji so out of it. He had just barely closed the deal on the house and was spending his first night there or so he thought.

"You okay babe?" He questioned getting a mumbled yeah. He had gotten woken up by a phone call from none other than Heaven begging him to come over. Nowadays he was the only one that could truly deal with Lani especially this version. All she wanted was some damn sleep.

"Let me help you." He muttered taking the sippie cup from her hand and pouring in the warm milk. Turning the stove off he put the pot in the sink. Closing the lid of the cup he kissed her forehead giving her a hug.

"Heaven said if I didn't come over she was walking to my house." He chuckled getting a weak response from Taraji who was half asleep. Gripping her thighs he hoisted her up taking her back to bed. Finding Kehlani wide awake and crying while Cyrus was trying to calm her down. When she spotted him she went completely off wanting no one but him. Trading Taraji for her she cuddled up in his arms drinking the warm milk.

"I got her baby. Get some sleep, you too Cy it's okay." He whispered, Taraji nodded climbing into bed Cyrus snuggling up with her.

"You wanna watch Wild Krats, or Wonder Pets?" He questioned.

"Wonder Pets." She responded as he set her down. She instantly went to whimpering making grabby hands for him. He gave her a look turning on the TV before laying down with her.

"Thank you daddy." She yawned laying in his arms. He frowned a sigh leaving his lips.

"What did mommy say about that. I'm not your daddy baby." He didn't feel comfortable being put in that spot in her life regardless of the fact that it made him happy to hear the words.

"I no care." Kehlani snapped with a pout.

He decided to drop the topic cuddling her and playing in her hair till she fell asleep before he followed. Waking up to two warm bodies cuddling him. Cyrus on the left and Lani on the right. Yawning he sat up slowly looking around for Taraji. Hearing the shower going he eased out of bed, the two siblings cuddling each other. He smiled taking a picture before heading into the bathroom.

Shutting the door quietly he shrugged of his clothes. Opening the door and stepping in while she was lathering up. He bit his lip easing over to her snapping her out if humming a tune.

"The kids still sleeping?" She questioned rinsing off. He placed a kiss on her back running his hands over her skin.

"Yeah." He responded as she turned in his arms giving him a look that he knew too well.

"Good." She spoke pulling him into a kiss. Backing her into the wall lost in eachother they didn't hear the bathroom door open. Trailing kisses down her neck Taraji moaned opening her eyes to see a shadow on the glass. Thankfully her doors weren't see through. She pushed Micheal away catching the door before Kehlani threw it wide open.

"What baby?"

"Shower." Kehlani muttered trying to push the door open wider.

"Later, not right now." Taraji spoke getting a pout in response.