Breathe Baby

*Unedited like a mf but here you go. Sorry it's late*

A Week Later

Brey sat at the table eating her 4th plate as she watched Taraji make sure everything was in line for her baby shower. After her emotional breakdown about Court and Cel taking her shopping, she started to perk up a bit. Enough to want a baby shower. "The colors are blue and what other color baby?" Raji asked, seeing Brey swallowing a mouthful. "Ummm I don't know red? Orange? You pick," she said before forking her plate. "Red and Blue is fine. Mmmhmm. It'll be ready in time right? Thank you," Raji said before hanging up. She stared at Brey, shaking her head. Sometimes she missed her baby bellies but she didn't miss the tiredness, mood swings and extra weight that came with the territory.

"You seem very content right now," she mentioned catching Brey's attention. "Baby boy just has me so hungry. I'm sorry I haven't been much help with the baby shower. I'm sooooo scared...mama I'm not ready!" Brey said starting to panic all over again. "Girl hush up. You'll be fine. All the kids that came after you and Cel and you're worried? You've been taking care of babies so taking care of your own will come naturally. Stop worrying so much," Raji said, sliding the plate away from Brey. "So you were never worried about Cel big head stretching your cooch from here to South Africa?" Brey blurted with no remorse.

Raji looked at her shocked, no words could come from her lips. "I- ...... okay I was scared but there was a few things that took my mind off that if we're being serious," she said, Brey instantly remembering the time frame. "Yeah...I don't have that issue. Well I bet not have that problem cause I'd kill Jase right then and there..... do you think I should invite Lori?" Brey asked, feeling heart burn bubbling forward. "She's your actually mother so I'm sure she'd like to be there to celebrate her grandchild. Why don't you want to invite her?" Raji asked. "After the way she acted with Hunter I just don't want to deal with that drama especially with a baby," Brey confessed, rubbing her swollen belly.

"I hear you baby but invite her. I don't need another event of her acting like I'm kicking her out of y'all's life. We cool and all but I'll beat your mama ass if she get stupid with me. Have y'all thought about a name yet?" Brey shook her head, smiling at the tiny hand poking out. "I want him to be a little CJ. A Junior but Court isn't having it. He feels kids these days are too brutal when it comes to names and a Courtland these days wouldn't stand a chance. So we're back to the drawing board," she told Raji. "Hmmmm what about Corbin?" Raji suggested. "Like Corbin Bleu? Remember when Hev had the biggest crush on him?" Brey asked busting out laughing.

"Girl I'm sure she still does. Ummm you could name him after Chris," she said, hearing feet running around the corner. "Aww that'd be nice. But I'd still need a middle name," Brey said. "Give him Court's middle name like I did with Cel," Raji said, eyeing Lani as she raided the fridge as if she wasn't just eating with Brey. "Just you huh? Christian Jase Spears. I kind of like it but I'll ask Court," Raji rolled her eyes. Brey's indecisiveness was enough to make a sane person crazy. "The baby is going to need a name Aubrey," Raji yelled as she walked to answer the door. "Does anyone really need a name? Do you like the name Lani?" She questioned.

"No. I like Sven," she said walking out like she gave an award winning name. Taraji came around the corner carrying a bouquet of flowers and a box carrying a gift. "What's that?" Brey asked, being nosey. "I don't.......'I thought you could use a little peace of Heaven. Take some time, breathe and enjoy. Hopefully it puts the brightest smile on you face?' What is this?" She said opening it after reading the little card attached. "I know that smell...mama is that Mel's?" Brey asked, her face lighting up as if it was for her. "How did he get this here?" Raji asked as she saw a large strawberry shake along with her favorites. A shrimp PoBoy, Macaroni, greens, red beans and rice, and a sweet buttered roll.