Understand What You're Getting Into

The next morning, Heaven woke up to the smell of breakfast. Taraji had pulled out all the stops, making everything that Heaven could possibly want. Her door opened up, Lani walked over to Heaven's bed. "Mama say come eat," she said, swaying back and forth. "Okay I'm coming... wait Lani come here," Hev said as she saw Terrence calling on Skype. She answered it, seeing him chilling on the balcony as if it was hot summer day. "Hey dad," she said, getting his attention. "Hey princess. Happy birthday," he told her. "Thank you. I was about to go eat my birthday breakfast but I figured you'd want an introduction," she said as she turned the camera towards Lani.

"Bad man Hevie," Lani whined as she hid her face in Hev's arms. "No no Lani. He's not a bad man. He's your real daddy and my daddy. See you two have the same eyes look," she said as she pointed to the screen. Lani slowly turned around to face him, taking a good look at his face. A smile on his face put a smile on hers. "My daddy?" She questioned, looking back at Hev, who nodded. "But Mickey daddy," she said, not understanding how both men could be daddy to her. "No Mickey is Mickey. This is daddy. The only daddy you have," Hev made sure to clarify. Lani sat quietly, looking at the man on the screen. "Lani! Heaven!" They heard Taraji yell.

"We gotta go but I'll see you later. Bye daddy," Hev said. "Bye daddy!" Lani spat before rushing out the door. A smile of accomplishment came over Hev as she closed her laptop. She was sure that all Lani needed was to know who was her daddy really was and that would solve the issue with her calling Michael daddy. That was until she got into the kitchen. "Daddy stop!" Lani giggled as Michael continued to tickle her. "Sup Hev? How does it feel to be a year older?" Cel asked, scarfing down the food that he was supposed to be waiting for. "It'd be better if I could get my wish but whatever. Mama can I go over to Moriah's house for a little bit. She said she had a gift for me," Hev asked, growing annoyed by Lani refusing to leave Michael's side still.

"I thought you'd want to get pampered. Maybe have a girl's day before tonight," Raji mentioned, handing her a plate. "Yeah I just want to see my friend for a little bit then we can continue with tonight's plans. Please mama," Hev begged. "It's her birthday. Let her have some fun babe," Michael said, feeling like Heaven deserved something she wanted since she wasn't allowed to see Terrence. "Ugh fine. But you better be back before 7. That's family time. And be careful," Raji told her. "I will. Thank you mama," Hev said, giving Taraji a kiss. "I got you a gift in my room. Don't leave without getting it," Cel mentioned as he drunk his orange juice.

"I want gif too," Lani pouted. "It's not your day Kehlani. Got 5 months before your birthday. Let Hevie have her time," Brey spat, tired of Lani doing what she wanted or acting an ass for being told no. "But I want-" "I do not care what you want. 5 months. You can wait. You're not going anywhere and I do not want to hear you screaming and crying this morning little missy," Brey said as everyone just watched the conversation unfold. Much to their surprise, Lani did not do her signature cry. Instead she threw her head back and let out a silent cry all while wiping her own eyes. "What the fuck is this?" Cel asked, dazed and confused by what he was seeing.

"That would be exaggeration at it's finest. You should know it very well Marcel," Brey spat, eating her food. "Oh you got jokes huh," Cel voiced. "Anyways I wanted to talk to you guys about Terrence," Raji said, ruining everyone's mood. "Why does that have to be the topic of the day?" Cel groaned. "Because she's about to tell me I can't see him. The one thing I want for my birthday and she can't put her ego aside and let me see him," Hev spat, pushing her plate away. "Sit down!" Raji growled at her, pissed that Hev already knew what was coming. "You're right. I'm not going to let you see that monster. That is not your father. He's dealing with a lot within himself and I'm not about to put you or anyone else in harm's way by giving him what HE wants," she explained.

"I bet you provoked him," Hev mumbled. "You are about to provoke me to beat yo ass on your birthday. Look I know you're not happy about that but after sitting down with him... he's not Terry right now. He's Bones and I know that none of you have ever met your grandfather. But Cel and Brey, you two have seen a part of him during the bad times of Terrence. Hev I'm thankful that you and Cy never got to witness that. It makes it harder for you to understand what I'm talking about because you remember the good in him and that's all you're allowing yourself to remember. But I'd rather keep you safe than I get a call that something has happened to you because he got too upset to realize what he was doing," Raji explained, fighting back tears.