Lucky

March 2017

Driving to set Terrence felt excited for the day. Not only was it the last day of filming but he finally got to showcase the song he had spent months protecting. It was supposed to be a song from Lucious to Cookie in celebration of him wanting to start over. It wasnt hard for him to write his heart out. All things he went through with Taraji this song was truly for her. He wanted her to hear it and feel it.

"Look at you cheesing over there. Cant wait to stop waking up early." Taraji spoke shaking her head. She had to admit she was ready for break. She planned on busying herself creating something for her hair. It was chemist meets beautician time.

"That's not the onlyyyy reason. Got a suprise for you." He responded glancing at her.

"A suprise for me? Hmmm, and that is?" She questioned, he grinned bringing their laced hands to his lips. Kissing her hand as his response he stayed quiet. She narrowed her eyes at him not trusting that smile at all.

"It better not be a damn baby shower, I swear." Taraji snapped attitude coming back full force. He side eyed her glad he wasnt behind any of the plans for that.

"It's not a shower woman."

"If it is Dashon I will fight you. Baby and all, me and you." She threatened, he rolled his eyes not entertaining her at all. That would be her versus Jussie.

"Just pay attention when we film." He spoke giving her a hint.

She hummed keeping that in mind as they arrived at work. Going their separate ways to get ready. They had the club scene and then the Barry scene wrapping the season with a pretty bow. Taraji was glad because the compression slip she wore still made her feel like she could barely breathe. She was for damn sure not putting a girdle on though. Her doctor made it clear that was a no. Twisting and turning in the mirror she frowned at the outfit they had Cookie in. Not because it was ugly but she just simply felt fat. Turning sideways she huffed, black was supposed to be slimming. She felt inflated, rubbing her stomach gently sighed.

"Just a few hours lucky." She muttered aloud walking out of her trailor. Getting to set she spotted Terrence onstage next to Nia getting instructions.

"Hey baby mama." Jussie spoke greeting her, Yazz chuckled shaking his head.

"The day you kiss someone other than Alicia Keys I'll believe that's your baby." Yazz tossed out getting up so Taraji could sit in his seat. Jussie pursed his lips taking that as a challenge.

"Come here Raji." He spoke leaning in, she laughed pushing his face away.

"Gimmie some sugar. Why you acting in front of company."

"Move boy! I'm not kissing youuuuu!" Taraji giggled, Yazz laughed helping Taraji pry Jussie off.

"What are yall doing?" Trai questioned walking up.

"Trying to prevent sexual harrassment lawsuits." Yazz joked. Taraji took a seat fixing her hair.

"That's fine and all Raji. Dont be asking for no love when we get home." Jussie tossed out fixing his clothes. She made a show of rolling her eyes. Waiting around for official call time the extras started getting briefed on what was expected. Feeling a sudden pair of hands on her shoulders she looked up seeing Terry behind her seat.

"Come on its call time." He spoke holding out a hand, nodding she let him help her up just as places were called.

"Ready to hear your song?" He casually dropped as they walked.

"It better be good Lucious, better be good." She responded not catching on. He smirked shaking his head.

"I said your song, I didnt say Cookies." He spoke, she frowned confused.