Confessions

Getting a few more hours of rest Taraji woke up to Lani yelling at the top of her lungs. Something Taraji realized she hadn't missed being in Africa. She stretched on her bed an ache in her chest at the faint smell of his cologne still lingering in her room. Pushing Terrence to the back of her mind she got up to see what on earth her daughter was screaming about.

"Lani I love you but I will throw you in the trash." Junior threatened ready to get the fuck outta here. After seeing a few grey hairs in his beard this morning he snapped shaving it all off taking him back to baby face. He refused to grey and his nieces and nephews did it all. Especially the little terror crying about her cousins leaving.

"Kehlani Renee!" Taraji snapped coming down the stairs. Hearing her voice Lani ran up to her mom to complain. Even with her sobbing and mixed up words Taraji understood what she was saying. Squatting down she wiped Kehlani's eyes.

"They have to go home now baby. Uncle Junior wants to have a good rest of his vacation. We can visit them before you go back to school." Taraji spoke, Junior frowned watching the little girl chill out. He was most definitely ready to get out of here. Not once did Lani calm down after a simple talking to with him.

"Okay mama. I'll call you when we make it home. Take care of yourself girly. Give me love." Nova spoke as Taraji stood up. They shared a long tight hug, Taraji soaking in her unsaid words. Giving Junior a hug as well she hugged her nieces and nephew before they left.

"I missed you mama.....where's daddy?" Lani asked raising her arms for her mother to pick her up as if she was still 2. Bending down she grabbed her daughter ignoring her question giving her a good squeeze.

"Let me see this arm." Taraji spoke distracting the child as she went on and on about it.

Soon she was joined by the rest of her kids wanting breakfast. Sitting down all together they filled her in on what she missed. It was good to see everyone. Heaven beaming that love twinkle in her eyes. Hunter excited to have Marcel back along with something extra in his eyes. She couldn't pinpoint it yet. Aubrey looked like she was glowing sitting next to Courtland. She was wondering if it was the fact that the two were knocking boots or she was still experiencing that new mother glow. Marcel looked tired but there was something else behind this twinkle in his own eyes. Something bothering him.

Cyrus talking about this science contest he signed up for. Lani just bubbly period. Thinking about herself she felt that dark cloud thicken. She probably looked so fake to them right now. She was smiling but it wasn't reaching her eyes. Quieting she pulled herself from the conversation. Her kids pretending not to notice.

".....Mom, dad just texted. He wants to come see us. He's asking you if that's okay?" Heaven announced looking at her mother's phone laying face up on the table. Taraji looked at it noticing a bunch of missed calls and messages on the lit up screen.

"Tell him yes." Taraji spoke excusing herself from the table. Heading upstairs she hurriedly got dressed to leave. The quickest her kids had ever seen. They hadn't even finished breakfast when the front door shut.

"......Well then." Courtland muttered looking at Taraji's plate barely touched. Aubrey shook her head at him silently telling him to drop it. Half an hour later Terrence walked into the house with a giant teddy bear swallowing his six foot frame. His kids amused as he looked at them as if this wasn't nothing.

"She's not here." Cyrus announced making Terrence face fall. Sighing he set the bear down.

"DADDY!" Lani screamed jumping over the back of the couch as if she had wings. Luckily he moved quick enough to catch her. He gave her a swift hard pop on the ass making her excited face fall into a look of sadness. Her bottom lip trembling as she looked down. Peeking at him from under her long lashes.