The More You Fight Me

"That was stupid." Taraji huffed out as she stared at the bruising skin on Micheal's body. Though he played a good game of defense Terrence body shots had done much damage. Bruising along his side's and ribs. It was still fresh in her mind. Micheal sighed feeling her placing an ice pack on his side.

"Maybe but you think I was just gonna let him rush you?" He responded staring up at her.

"......I...well thank you. Normally it's JJ or Junior that slide in to save me. I didn't know you had all that in you." She admitted lost in her thoughts.

"As long as I'm in your life I'm gonna protect you and your kids with everything in me. I could tell when I first looked at him he wasn't thinking straight.....it was in his eyes." He muttered looking at the ceiling.

"If I'm gonna be honest I was afraid he was gonna beat you up. I've never seen him get his ass handed to him....it felt good to see it." Taraji confessed truthfully, she felt secure with Micheal. She knew that if anything was to go down he'd bat for her no questions asked. It was sexy, exciting, and warming.

"How's Heaven?" He questioned making Taraji sigh.

"Upset still. She'll get over it. She's a daddy's girl. Give her a few days." Taraji answered switching the ice pack to a new spot.

"It's cold." He whined squirming. She laughed laying down beside him putting the ice pack on the table. Putting her head on his chest they laid in silence. She didn't know she was crying until she felt the puddle forming on his chest. He wordlessly turned to face her pulling her close to him. With one look into her eyes with those blue greys she broke down. Heavy sobs escaping her lips.

"I try and I try and I try to do what's right. I try to be stable, I try to be super mom. Give my kids something beautiful and still be sane and have a life too." She cried into his chest.

"He's a monster when he's like this. All he does is destroy destroy destroy. I don't want him to destroy what I built for them. Heaven stopped being depressed all the time, Cy was happy I was happy. He hated seeing the fights and arguments. My little Lani knows nothing but a stable home....thats all I wanna give her. Cel turned out just like his father, he can be evil, he can be manipulative but he can't stand the sight of his own father because of how he grew up. Brey has her own issues when it comes to mother figures. I love her regardless but if I'm gonna be honest I know she never wants to get married she didn't like what she saw as a child. Hunter has that very same fire in him that his father has but like him he acts out for attention. That's all Terrence fucking wants....MY ATTENTION." She vented confusing Micheal.

"Huh? I thought..."

"No, yes he loves his kids. Yes he's upset about Lani but he is capable of empathy. On the other hand he lacks sympathy. He's upset that I'm with someone. That's the root of all this! That's why he fought you. To show me that he could take any man that came my way. Scare them away from me. He can be such a sick bastard! And I hate how somewhere in my life it never fails.....i crumble some way some how. Who's left to pick up my peices my kids, and then he acts like the man I fell in love with when I was 17. Never-ending destruction for him to get what he wants." She spat getting angry with the vicious cycle.

"Well you gotta change for you. Stop being that Taraji that cowers. Stop being that Taraji that gives in. Be the Taraji that is a strong woman. Be that woman who had 4 kids and is still walking tall to this day. Be that woman who holds her head high. Be the Taraji that overcomes. If he acts that way he wants a reaction from you. Don't give him one that's the worst thing you could do to him right now." Micheal spoke feeling her hugging him tighter.

"You're so good to me. I've never known a man who is so pure hearted. I.....I can see myself....giving you what you've always wanted." She honestly spoke making him sit up.