Just When Things Go Right

Why is it when you stop ripping and running and just sit down that all the thoughts in the world hit you? That's what Taraji couldn't figure out for the life of her. She didn't understand, these last few days were so nice and then it hit her. What the fuck was she doing?

They had given into the desire and slept together after just two months of knowing each other. The divorce of course was finalized but still she felt wrong. Maybe they were rushing this....but it felt right. taking it so slow with Common felt right. It felt wrong when she was rushed but this go around the speed felt oh so right.

She sighed as she lay in bed on her off day. Of course aunt flow decided to pay a visit which meant Heaven wasn't far behind. Taraji groaned feeling the sharp pains in her stomach worsening her mood. Was she wrong for trying to be with Micheal? It was rather to be alone right? That thought sent her emotions on a rollercoaster ride. Suddenly bursting into tears that didn't want to stop. At some point she had cried herself to sleep, waking up to the feel of a soft hand caressing her face.

She slowly peeled her eyes open coming face to face with Micheal. He smiled moving hair out of her face. She gave him a soft smile sitting up. He stretched out the hand behind his back revealing flowers, chocolates, candy and movies.

"Heaven texted me earlier and said you know it was...that time. I got here and you were crying so I decided to go to the store and pick you up some things." He spoke sitting down on her bed.

"What's wrong? Talk to me." He pushed setting the stuff down.

"I'm worried about us. Are we being to quick to persue? I slept with you....i never do that especially this soon. I'm in uncharted territory."

"Change is good Raji. This is different you said it yourself. If all ends the same way by taking the same route then a change is worth it. Take a chance on me." He spoke seriously.

"If your upset about that night then forget about it. I won't touch you like that untill you give me the okay." He offered, Taraji rose a brow at him. She had already had a taste and definitely wanted more.

"Taraji I'm not sure why your being so hard on yourself. Tell me what Terrence did to you. Everything, I wanna understand and feel where your coming from. Not just the bad but the good." He spoke giving her his fool attention.

"Micheal I really don't feel like getting into this. It's not..."

"Tell me, I don't think you ever had to tell someone the pain you've truly felt. Be open with me and I'll be open with you. I am serious about being with you Taraji. Even if that means visting you in Chicago I'm here for you and your family." He interrupted, she frowned down at the bed opening that story book that was the iconic TNT. Micheal watched her go through the times in her life, intently watching all her emotions. There were moments when she would laugh telling a story, then there were moments where she broke down into tears. By the end of
her story he felt her pain and more.

"You are the strongest woman I have ever met besides my mother." He confessed wiping her tears.

"More like the stupidest...." He frowned cupping her face.

"Look at me. Having power over someone is a dangerous dangerous thing. It's not always something you can fight, mixing that with live be ones the ultimate weapon. You're not a stupid woman. You're a woman that is loving. In order to move on we must...."

"Forgive."

"Exactly. Forgive, I may not be able to give you the world on a silver platter but I can mend your heart. Replace that sadness with happiness. Show you how a man loves his woman." He spoke looking deep into her eyes breathing life into her soul.