Not Like This

September 2015

"BITCH! You been holding out on me?!" Jussie exclaimed flipping through the pictures on her laptop. Taraji giggled watching him as she fought to get uncle Willie out his jacket.

"No, I just got the finalized versions they are going to use. It hits shelves next week." Taraji cheesed excited about being the cover of Essence this month.

Ashunta did the fuck out of her makeup, Jason came through with her outfits, and Tym hit the nail on the coffin for her hair. Taraji was super proud if her team, the kept her right for major things. This shoot was knocked out the park. She was feeling the best version if herself.

Feeling healthy, booked and busy, her kids were doing good, all her hours in the gym paying off. Drama free and her little something something was keeping her occupied. She felt bad about not being able to see him in person as of late. They were both so busy, he made sure to let her know she was on his mind though.

Heading to set she got through a scene with minor bumps. She wasn't really feeling the path of the show now but they were still blowing up on tv. People anxiously waiting for season 2. She just hoped the fans would still love it when it premiered this month, even though she was feeling iffy on it. What was really on her mind though was their break. She had 4 more weeks of filming season two before Fox declared they could have a holiday break. Starting middle of October ending in February.

She was wondering if her kids wanted to take off. It was starting to get cold and she owed them a trip since they couldnt go to Monte Carlo. She knew it was hard for them that the world didnt know the truth about their family. Things like that they just couldn't do all together.

"Taraji....these just came for you." Apryl muttered lowly poking her. Taraji looked up from her tablet smiling at the bouquet. Apryl cleared her throat warning with her eyes. Taraji slyly glanced across the room seeing Terrence somewhat listening to Trai explain something. His brows furrowed as he stared at the two if them.

"Take the card out. If he asks they for you....aht just do it." Taraji spat as Apryl made a face.

"I don't wanna be between you twoooooo........" Apryl whined dragging her feet as she walked away. Taraji went back to her game wondering what the card said. It wasn't long before she heard the chair creek beside her.

"Cyrus got you playing now too?" He spoke making conversation. Things had been dry between them. It had been two weeks since LSB and he was staying true to his word. Letting her do her was proving to be harder than he thought.

"Mhmm, he's pissed as hell I'm on level 102 and he just got 82. He doesn't understand how my and I quote scattered thought out layout is getting me so far ahead of him." Taraji chuckled losing her last heart. She sighed exiting out of the game to find a new one.

"How you been?" He asked.

"Good, the boys wanted to know if you're taking them out tonight. Oh and did Heaven tell you her first game is the Friday before we fly out for Guys Choice?" Taraji spoke, Terrence hummed stretching in his chair.

"Yes and yes. I told her I'm going." He answered noticing her checking her phone away from him. She grinned turning the screen off making him narrow his eyes.

"Okay, did you get the schedule? We have to shoot another commercial tommorow morning." Taraji stared looking over at him.

"Yeah....." He responded dryly, alarm bells ringing in his head.

"Nice flowers, who sent them?" He tossed out.

"How is that any of your....nevermind. They're for Apryl, if you came over here to ask about them why didn't you just start off with that then fake a conversation." She snapped at him, he rolled his eyes.