The Last Time I'm Asking You

Raji went into the room with Brey, ready to calm a hysterical pregnant woman but Brey was simply letting tears falll silently. "Baby are you okay?" Raji asked, sitting on the edge of the bed. "I think so. I talked to Court finally and he is so excited about the baby but he can't come home until the end of next year," Brey said, wiping her constant tears. "Is that set in stone or just what he is getting told just for bringing up coming home?" Raji questioned, making sure Court wasn't just getting the run around. "No he legit can't come back. I hate this so much. I don't want to go through this by myself. He deserves to be here too," Brey cried.

"Oh baby it'll be okay. Maybe we can call him during your appointments and during the delivery. Or Skype?" Raji suggested. "I don't know. It sucks that he'll miss being in the room of his firstborn," Brey continued to complain. "Girl it'll be fine. We can all him right now. Get him on Skype," Raji told her. Brey sighed, grabbing her laptop to see if he was online. Much to her advantage it showed that he was. "Don't be weird," Brey threw out as it rang. "Be weird? Girl what the-" "Hey baby," Court voiced as he answered it. "Hey um I know we just talked but mama wanted to say hi and ask you something," Brey explained. "Oh. Wait I thought you said your mom," he said, confused as to why Taraji was looking at him.

"Boy I know you remember coming over to my house to get this girl. How have you been though? So handsome," Raji spilled, making Brey blush at the thought of her fine ass nigga. "I've been good. How are you?" Courtland asked. "I'm good. We were wondering how you two want to gandle this situation. I heard you weren't going to be able to come back so would you like us to maybe video call you when she goes into labor or something like that?" Raji asked while Brey but her lip anxiously. "Yeah I would love that. Hopefully I'll be online or near but definitely try to see if you can catch me. Whatever I can get is fine in my books. I just want to be around even if I'm not physically there," he boasted, Brey wiping more tears.

"Aww you are so sweet. I don't think I've met your parents. Are they still here in Chicago? Maybe they will want to be closeby," Raji asked, trying to remember more about Court other than him playing basketball. "My mom and my grams moved to Jersey this year actually. My dad died in service," he explained. It was starting to make sense to Taraji why Court was so eager to joing the military. "I'm so sorry," Raji said, sympathy in her tone. "It's okay. I remember him and feel like he'd be proud of me now. I plan on serving my country and coming to my beautiful queen and our little peanut," he said, a smile so wide on his face. "You better come home to me punk," Brey voiced, giggling the more she looked at him.

"Okay well I'm going to let you two talk. We'll take care of her for you. You just be careful and get ready to be a daddy. If this baby is anything like Brey as a child then you got some work but out for you," Raji said, nudging Brey as she walked out. As she shut the door, she saw Cyrus pouting as he head back to his room. "Pause and rewind. What's going on here? Why you moping?" She questioned, wondering why all the kids were in such shitty moods today. "Jade is mad at me again because I overslept and we were supposed to go the park," Cy confessed. "There's a whole day for that why is it so crucial for Serenity to go first thing in the morning?" Raji asked, not understand what goes through they're head.

"She wanted to watch the sunrise so our alarms were set for 6 but I slept through mine....and all 82 of her calls," Cy said, sadness washing over him again. "I'm sorry who made y'all think that it's okay to walk out the house at 6 in the morning?" Raji asked, needing clarification. "It's just up...never mind. I'm sorry. Now I'm trying to figure out how to make it up to her," Cy confessed. "Why don't you make her a card and invite her to go swim? It's a whole pool in the backyard that had rarely gotten used this summer," Raji suggested. "I'll try," his tone so dry as he walked to his room. "I need a break," Raji mumbled heading back downstairs.

"Everything good?" Terry asked, making sure Lani wasn't feeding Uncle Willie her veggies. "If you really want to know you're more than welcome to go ask your children what's going on," Raji said as she made herself a plate. "Why do you feel the need to act like that then wonder why she walks around being stubborn and hard headed?" Terry threw out, referring to Lani. "Why are you still here?" Raji snapped. "Why are they acting like this?" Chris asked Cel. "Honestly I don't know. Gotta ask Hev," Cel told her as he read a paragraph long text feom Brianna. Things were going good between the two until Brianna started pressing him about labels and committing to the future. Cel figured he should get out while he was ahead especially since all he wanted was to fuck around.