10 : Something different

Watching someone cry always made you upset but what you felt seeing Taehyung tearing up was something you couldn't describe in words. It hasn't been long with him but being the one who was responsible for him made you feel awful that you weren't living up to your promise.

You tried to quickly take back the collar from his hand but he held a firm grip on it. "I'm sorry Taehyung. I promise you won't see this thing again."

"Why? I-" He choked up and you scooted yourself closer to him so that you could console him. You held the back of his neck with your one hand and placed it on your shoulder while rubbing your other hand on his back.

"Shh it's ok. I guess you don't like it." You sighed and he shook his head on your shoulder and mumbled a no. After a few seconds he refracted back from your comforting hug, already missing the warmth and scent that he had come to like a lot.

"I like it Y/n. Actually it's the most beautiful collar I've ever seen. It's just that when you give a collar to your hybrid that means that they become yours and you are really going to care for them. And it's been so long the last time I wore a collar that it made me a little sentimental."

You smile at him feeling your heart much lighter at his words. It was an undecided thing which you did it believing your instincts and you were glad that it turned out to be fairly well. Taking Taehyung's hands in yours you looked straight into his eyes so that he'll know that you are very much sincere.

"Taehyung honey, collar or no collar. I'm going to take care of you no matter what and I want you to know that." He nodded his head like a small baby and you cooed at his adorableness.

"Say Taehyung would you mind if I call you tae or taetae for short? Your name is mouthful."

He chuckled at you and give the boxy smile that you wanted to cherish forever. "You can call me that. Hobi hyung calls me tae too."

He looked at the black and golden collar one more time before trying to wear it which was a little hard for him so you tried to help and took the collar in your hand, tying it securely around his neck.

It fitted him just as you thought it would, not too loose not too tight, as you had took his turtle neck sweater for the measurements. It matched perfectly with his black and slightly golden patched ears and his black tail with the same almost golden coloured patch on the very end and a circular one somewhere in the middle.

You had always been curious about his unusual fur and this time you didn't hesitate to ask. "You know I had never seen fur like yours."

He touched his ears at your remark about them and gave a small smile. "Yeah they are a little different. I was bred from a jaguar hybrid and a panther hybrid. It was sort of an experiment and I've never seen them but they told me that I look more like my supposed father who was a panther although most of my habits resembles my mother's."

All throughout this you could only ponder on one thing that the boy said and it was that he never saw his parents which was sad of course but judging from Taehyung's face, he didn't seem remorseful about it and that was a sad thing to you. He had said it so calmly like he believed it was totally normal to not see the people who brought you to this world.

Another thing that made you hate humans even though you were one of them. Your blood boiled just thinking about the hard life hybrids go through from birth to their death and it made you more aware about the fact that you had to take care of your hybrid good enough so he can never go through things like that.