27 : One day, two surprises

"O-our what?" You ask perplexed from the boy in front of you who at the moment wears an expression that makes you feel that he, himself was taken aback from his use of words just now.

"Uh-I mean, um- our home? Yeah our home. You can't invite someone inside just like that!"

"You mean my friend I've known since college days which would calculate to be around five years or so?" You were definitely confused from Taehyung's behaviour. He never did that and it was totally irrational to you.

"Well you can never truly trust someone's intentions." He points out which actually sounded pretty genuine but still there was no chance you were going to doubt such great buddy of yours.

"You know, he has no reason to kidnap me or kill me."

"I'm not talking about that." Taehyung retorts and you furrow your eyebrows in question and urge him to say more so you can understand him a bit. "You're such a great woman and you shouldn't trust men so easily. They don't have enough control over thems-"

"Okay hold up. I think I know what's going on in that head of yours." You massage your head in frustration and slight amusement. How did he even think about that possibility? But you smiled internally from his concern. He was only looking out for you even though it was just unnecessary.

"First of all Namjoon is not that kind of guy. If he was interested in me , he has enough confidence to confess it right then and there. And on top of that he's already engaged and I don't even stand a chance against his fiancee Jin because he's one the most handsome man I've ever seen and before you ask 'he', yes his fiancee is a boy."

The hybrid stood still expect his mouth hung opened and closed in almost a rhythm, trying to process what in the name of God was actually happening.

"Drink some water. You look parched." You say patting his cheek lightly, a bit motherly with a tight smile on your face but laughing hysterically internally.

It was a sight to see Taehyung totally blank. It was an expression that you actually adored on his face but let's be real, what expression looks bad on him? He can make a derp face but he'd still be a handsome derp.

You hear the ringing of your phone from the kitchen and you move over to the said place only to find your best friend calling you. "Hey Nari! How is my girl and her baby?" You say and go towards the dining table with a big pot.

"Perfecto. What about you and Taehyung?" She asks back.

"We are fine. Same is Namjoon." You say as you put lasagna pot on the table, giving a brief smile to the said man.

"Is it Nari?" He mouths and you nod your head, sitting down on the chair beside Namjoon.

"Namjoon?" She asks, her voice a bit uncertain due to confusion until she realizes. "He's there? At your house?"

"Uh-huh."

"I wish I could come there." She whines and you can imagine a pout on her lips instinctively.

"I miss all of us hanging out together. But let's do that after your delivery."

"Oh yes. Can you believe it's gonna happen in less than a month!"

You giggle hearing her excitement. She was really very happy to be a mother. Who wouldn't actually? It's a blessing and you definitely would be so happy to be a mother. You smile to yourself thinking about your future and missing out on whatever Nari was on about.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"I said, can you give the phone to Namjoon? I haven't talked to him in ages."

You pass over the phone to Namjoon and suddenly the doorbell rings. "Must be our neighbors." You say to no one in particular and go to open the door.

A warm hug welcomes you as soon as the red haired gets in. His hugs are so comfy you can never get tired of them. You greet Yoongi and Mr and Mrs Lee as well. Mrs Lee brought a side dish which you thought was a sweet gesture from her but she didn't have to make herself do it. But she does that every time you invite her over for a meal so you were used to it now.

Namjoon had ended the call with Nari on a sweet note of he'll visit her soon as everyone settles on table. He, Yoongi, Jimin, Nari, Jin and you have been a group since college and Mr and Mrs Lee were acquainted with all of them.

Taehyung comes out of the bedroom hearing all the commotion. You send a small loving smile at him and pat the seat next to yours for him to sit there. He turns a little red and ducks his head low, compiling anyway. The hybrid makes his way over to you, greeting the newcomers as he does so but very quietly. You guess he must be still be embarrassed about the earlier situation.

You think to yourself that what could've been the reason for the hybrid to act this way but at last you come at the conclusion that it was his animalistic instincts. Especially being a predator he must be very protective of his living place and close people. You weren't an expert but that was the most satisfactory answer to it.

But one thing you like about Taehyung so much is that despite him being timid, he can get friendly with people very fast if he wants to. You observe that watching the boy and Namjoon converse without any previous awkwardness. As if they were friends for a long time.

___________________________________

You were getting very sleepy after the long tiring day. Days like today were your favourite when you could spend lovely time with your loved ones but you can't deny the fact that all that socializing makes you exhausted.

However, when a certain someone is tossing around in bed so much, you can't sleep peacefully.

Taehyung's mind seems to go on a speed of thousand miles per second for him as he examines all that happened today. He wasn't stupid. He knew why he suddenly grew so overprotective for you.

It didn't need a genius to know that he was insecure. Yes, not jealous because Taehyung doesn't think he can get jealous at all. So he was only insecure. Insecure because another male was in the vicinity.

Again, Taehyung is not stupid so he knows what he needs to do in order to calm his mind and sleep peacefully. He shifts for the last time before sitting on the bed and turning on the bedside lamp on his side.

It was still dark because he only turned on his lamp because he couldn't reach the lamp switch on your side and not that it would make a difference because it stopped working two days ago.

Seeing the little light, you turn on your side to look at Taehyung sitting with a blank expression.

"What happened?" You asked. It was such a simple question and you expected a simple answer like 'I want to drink water' or 'I need to use bathroom' because that's what we do after going to bed. But you weren't ready to hear what was uttered from his mouth.

You were surprised for the second time on the same day when he said, "Noona can I scent you properly?"

College assignments suck the life out of you.