46 : Same old, some new

The weather is unusually brighter the following day, after the rain has vanished and the sun is gleaming more than ever. However, the same couldn't be said about you. You're anxiety hasn't gone down and your smile hasn't come up; and that is the reason of your current leave from work, again.

Yoongi is multitasking, tending to customers in the lunch time and keeping an eye out on you and there's no surprise to say that he's not the fan of this gloomy look on your face you're wearing while arranging the counter top, although they are already organised.

After the rush period, the reluctance of costumers give him the time to not just observe but use verbal communication.

"How come you're not fired already? From the number of your leaves it feels like you're always off work." The cat nudges your forearm with his elbow in a friendly gesture to lighten up your mood but it only makes the weekly holded macaroon in your hand to fall on its container.

You pick it up again, not really having anything to say and not really having anything to do.

"What are you over thinking about this time?" This question strikes your attention and your hand is left hanging in the air holding the pink macaroon. You place the sweet to its designated place before answering Yoongi, not wanting the repeat of last time.

"I can't tell you the details but Taehyung told me about his past life in the morning and I can't stop but keep stressing about it."

"What's there to stress about?" He replies nonchalantly but after seeing the glare thrown by you he clears his throat, then say, "I mean like you said, it's past so it's already happened and you can't change it even if you want to."

"You're actually right." It's funny how sometimes we don't realise simple things unless we are called up on them.

"When am I not right?"

You laugh feeling all the stress washing away from your body with every passing moment. It did shook you a lot to learn what Taehyung had to go through but thinking about it constantly wasn't going to change anything anyway.

"Everyone needs a Yoongi in their life." You start to place the sweets more attentively now that your mood has brighten up.

"Too bad there's only one Min Yoongi in the whole world."

"Well, wouldn't your children inherit these qualities from you?"

"Shall I make a whole population of my offsprings then? Should I become a sperm donor?"

"Geez! Stop!" You laugh whole heartedly, body shaking with the impact of your laugh and Yoongi just affectionately gazes at you.

"You're becoming what now?" The red headed fox interrupts the moment, his eyes shooting glares at the one in question and the whole ordeal just makes you laugh more.

"Nothing hobi. We're just kidding." Yoongi answers plainly with a small smile tugging at the end of the mouth.

Then Hoseok fills his tray with the next order after saying a sharp, "You better be", and goes back to his working.

"Did I miss something? Yoongi oppa?" You tease.

"No. And don't you have your own business to take care of miss?"

"You should be grateful I'm helping you out." With nothing but playfulness you kick Yoongi's foot in mock offense who tuts back at you pretending to be disappointed.

"Always the child you are. I wonder how Taehyung puts up with you really."

This time you actually take a bit of defense at the teasing statement. "Yah! I'm a really good girlfriend!"

"Uh-huh?" The feline pretends to think for a second then give you a confusing look. "But he says the opposite."

"Really? Did he say something to you?" You ask with a little fright in your heart but when the older doesn't answer and keeps focusing on his task you start doubting.

"You're lying right? He wouldn't say anything bad about me. But did he really?" A puppy facade covers your face to learn the truth but the cruel cat just gives you a smug look and goes back to his previous work leaving you feeling uncertainty.

He definitely won't........

Just then you realize that it's past the time Taehyung is supposed to pick you up from bank and the thing is, well... you haven't informed him of your current whereabouts.

As you reach for your phone to call your boyfriend, the blond hybrid himself walks into the bakery, his eyes looking everywhere until they spot you.

Suddenly it feels as if the time is slowing down just like in dramas and you see Taehyung walking over to you with big strides. His ears in an attentive stance and lips stretched into a wide smile. But his eyes are the attention seeker. They silently demand you to just look at him and only him. Maybe it's just the lighting but those deep orbs seem to sparkle when he sees you smiling back at him.

This is the moment where you realise that in less than a year how drastically a person can change. The timid hybrid back at the adoption centre is 180° opposite to the confident man coming to you.

However, also at the same time you realise that his core personality is still the same. The smile and radiance on his face are the evidence that shows he's still a down to earth person, deeply rooted to his sweet nature.

It's beautiful how a person can changed so much but still is same. The statement in itself is quite contrasting but the true meaning behind it is deep and you can't help but slightly tear up at the journey and struggles Taehyung went through.

From a science lab to a foster home to in your care. From being a frightened child to being so confident. From knowing nothing to acquiring so many skills. From being kind to still being kind. Some things changed and some didn't. And that's what life is.

With this chapter I encourage you all to have good changes in yourself.

Be good for yourself.

Be good to others.

Let's make this world a better place.