48 : The feeling of being content

And so the day comes again like it had been for the past 19 years of your life. To some people their birthday was a day to celebrate, to some it just added another year to their life and to some it was another meaningless day that made them realise that one year was subtracted from their life span. However, to you it was nothing like aforementioned.

It was the day of your father's death.

The day you dreaded so much you wanted to cut it off from the calendar. The day you lost the most precious person in your life. And the day that made you feel like a murderer.

These are the thoughts that are going through your mind in the shower that you've already forgotten how long you've been standing under the hot streams of water with nothing but your self pity.

Taehyung's knocks and his sweet voice makes you realise that you'll be late for your bank if you don't hurry up and it's the push that kick starts your whole mental perception of things.

Your whole life you've been told different things about the events of your sixth birthday. Some said that you couldn't have done anything about it but some blamed it wholly on you, the biggest believer was your own mother.

They told you if it weren't for you, your father would be alive. In other words, you killed your own father. They filled your brain with all the harsh things that made the small girl live with trauma and nightmares and develop a fright of lightening her whole life.

But you had grown out of the past. And the negativity within it. For once you were ready to hear other people who actually cared for you and told you none was your fault. And for once you were ready to hear your heart that believed you love your father and would cherish his memories till the day you die.

So you do the most sensible thing you could think to keep yourself sane. You push the negativity and criticism to the depths of your brain and start your day with a smile.

And like it had been for all those years, nobody even mentioned your birthday. It was never celebrated and you were never blessed with birthday wishes. That was how you liked it.

Taehyung and Hoseok were no different, respecting your internal wish and not touching the subject in whatsoever way. They didn't even bother to wish you and you were content knowing that.

The day goes by like any other day. The weather was clear with no traces of dark gloomy clouds that were ready to cry their eyes out. It didn't look like the same day from nineteen years ago. In fact, the sun was unusually bright, as if telling you to look at the things with new perspective because nothing was the same anymore.

The surprise of the day comes when Taehyung picks you up from bank but instead of taking you to home, he advances to another destination, unknown to you.

He doesn't say where he's taking you. In fact, he doesn't talk at all as an eerie stillness dawns between you two, not that you complain though. At this point, you trust this man more than yourself so it's no surprise when you let him take you to wherever he is going.

After an hour long drive, you realise you've reached your destination when the hybrid gently shakes you from your short nap. With hazy gaze and clouded mind from sleep it takes you a few minutes to actually subside the dizziness but when you do, you are left in shock.

There's no doubt that your car is parked in front of a cementary and not just any random one, but where your late father was buried. It's the place you've only ever visited twice in your life, one during the funeral and next when you were leaving your hometown for good because you never had the guts to stand in front of his grave.