33: Untold and transparent feelings

12:00 am, 30 December in the bedroom of your home.

Loud voices chanting a birthday song wakes Taehyung up from his sleep as he squints and then rubs at his eyes to see more clear.

He caught sight of five figures but as his vision clears up more and more those entities begin to form a human shape. Four of them are his neighbors, two elders and the other two are his friends. And then there's you whose smiling so much that Taehyung swears you can light up a few bulbs right at the moment and voice is as loud as Hoseok's.

There's a whirlpool of emotions tumbling inside his heart that is drowning him deeper and deeper into the sea of emotions. He doesn't know what to do. Cry or smile? It's a conflict and he ends up doing both somehow. Never in his life he was wished like this.

A wide boxy smile that everyone adores and narrow strings of tears spilling up from his eyes and runs over his cheeks. That's how he expresses his ecstatic feeling.

Hoseok is the first one to hug him, more like jumps over him, nearly knocking him onto the bed he's sitting on but that's enough to make the birthday boy stop crying. "Why are you crying taehyungie? Be happy it's your birthday" He coos at the boy, ruffling his hair.

"Yes kid be happy. I woke up just to wish you." Yoongi says, also ruffling the boy's hair who just let's out a breathy laugh.

"I'm happy. I'm really happy." He manages to say before you're hugging him from the other side, bringing him close to you. "Oh my tae. Happiest birthday to you. We're the same age now."

The boy laughs, hugging you as well, his eyes brimming with tears once again but he hides it by snuggling into your crook of neck. That honey and rose scent fills his nostrils once again and he sighs happily before relaxing.

After giving him his gifts, your neighbors were eager to exit quickly. Yoongi was the first one, muttering something about his beauty sleep while rubbing his eyes sleepily and on the other hand Hoseok was full of newfound energy that he didn't even want to leave his best friend.

"Do you want to have a sleep over with Tae-?"

"Yes!"

The answer was so quick that you had to stifle your laugh from the adorable red head. "Okay. I'll take the couch then."

"Your couch is uncomfortable as hell. I keep telling you to change it. Just come with me, we can have our own sleepover." Yoongi grumbled, tugging at your wrist and pulling you towards him to start walking.

"At least let me give him his present." You protested again his restrain on your wrist. Even if he was half sleeping, the cat's grip was just as strong.

Patience was running low on Yoongi's side. Letting go of your hand, he grumbled again, "Why hadn't you already?"

"I was going to give him after you all left." You mumbled quietly but you were sure all three boys had heard it from their sensitive hybrid ears.

Pulling up a big box from your wardrobe and hearing chuckles from the other three upon your hiding place, you presented the box in front of the birthday boy.

"I didn't know what to give you so I packed up a few things." You say sheepishly, rubbing your neck in nervousness, a habit you probably picked up from Taehyung.

Not a moment is spent before the wrapping paper is torn away and Taehyung is looking at all the things in awe.

There were a few articles just like you said. There was Taehyung's atm card which had luckily arrived yesterday, a pair of fancy shoes, a gucci belt and a sewing kit. But what caught his attention the most was a pair of mittens.