38: A new addition to family

It didn't register at first and you fluttered your eyes close on instinct but when you actually realised that your hybrid was kissing you at the moment you instantly jerked away from him.

Your body trembled with nervousness and you flustered when you saw the look on Taehyung's face. Dark eyes, lips parted and face held an expression which you couldn't read.

"I-It's wrong." You stuttered, voice coming so small as if a whisper but you were certain that the hybrid has heard.

He said, "Why?" As if he was already expecting that from you and while saying so he didn't look surprised at all.

"B-becaus-"

"I like you. So much."

You froze in your seat. Your body locking on it's own after the sudden confession. If you said that you were blushing, it would be an understatement because you were fuming hot right now. Red hues covered your face starting from your neck to the tips of your ears.

"No. No you don't it-it's just-"

You were suddenly interrupted by the opening of the delivery ward and hearing the cries of a baby. Looking over Taehyung's shoulder you saw the doctor emerging from inside the room.

You stood up, leaving the conversation for now but you knew you had to talk again. The determination that Taehyung seemed to hold wasn't going to be dropped so easily.

You moved to meet the doctor as well with Taehyung following behind you. She told you that the child is a girl and you can meet her after the father comes out and thanked her for her work.

A smile tugged at the corners of your mouth as you peered inside the ward from the little transparent window and your heart warmed at the sight of the family.

"Congratulations Y/n." A voice whispered from beside you and you tilted your head at the hybrid. He wore a smile and you couldn't help but smile at him as well. "Congratulations to you too." You said to him trying to erase any awkwardness from the kiss as if never happened but Taehyung reminded you of it as if he knew what was going through your head.

"I'm holding off this conversation for noe but we'll talk about it later."

You broke the eye contact and focused back inside while nodding. Jimin came outside giving you a brief hug and telling you to go inside because Nari was calling for you.

Seeing your best friend, her face sweaty and her hands holding the small frame of a child your eyes filled with tears. You immediately went to kiss her forehead. "You did it baby I'm so proud of you."

"I did it. I'm a mother Y/n. I feel so happy." She whispered breathlessly. It isn't an easy task to welcome a baby in this world and you knew she was exhausted.

"I'm happy too." You kissed her forehead again and swatted away the little hair plastered on her face from sweat. "You take some rest and let me see this bundle of happiness." You said as you took the baby from her grasp. Her name was Jihyo. It was pre-decided. You rubbed her tiny forehead from your thumb getting a motherly feeling from doing so.

Jihyo's face was red as she was a just born baby but you already made out her facial features. Her bambi eyes like her mother's and her small nose like her father's. That child had hit the genetic jackpot.

You smiled and caressed her as if she was your own and your heart swell up from a feeling you didn't understand. Only after a nurse came up to take her from you so she could be placed in care unit along with other children for a night, you let her go. And you immediately felt a heavier feeling as her tiny weight emptied out of your arms.

You went back to see everyone gathered outside the room to see Jihyo but had to tell them that she was transferred to another room. Their disappointed face were hard to look at but Jimin gave them a hope of ray.

They were allowed to see her once one by one from Jimin's request but the visits had to be short. However that information didn't make the smile from their faces falter as they went off to see the baby from their eyes and hold her. You've all been waiting for her to arrive so longingly and now when the time was to see her nobody wanted to be held back.

You smiled and sat back in one of the chairs sipping your coffee that Jin brought for you and wearing the shoes Yoongi bought for it. You didn't even have any idea how your life was going to be upside down after this night.

Here's the double update I mentioned before.