29 : You're cute, you're beautiful

"You should've seen Namjoon's face. He was sulking like a baby." You laugh as you converse with your long time friend Jin.

"I couldn't talk about this in front of him and I'll make up to him later. But thank you for coming to see me." Jin had called you earlier, wanting to meet you. He had just arrived yesterday from his parent's home and you instantly knew he had something serious to talk to you about.

"Tsk, is that something to say thank you for? Are we not friends anymore?" You feign annoyance, picking up on the tissue paper stand on the table while the older just smiles fondly at you.

"Noona, here's your latte and Jin hyung here's you coffee and chocolate pastry." Taehyung serves your order and disappears quickly, probably to get to another table. But you swear he spends more time on other girl's table who flirts with him shamelessly.

"Already? I know I'm late but what did I miss? Taehyung is already calling you hyung and it's not normal." You unconsciously sip on your hot latte and burn your tongue.

You hiss in pain while the man on the other side of the table just laughs at you. "Your habit of drinking hot drinks accidentally haven't really gone away."

Taehyung is already at your side, looking pitifully at you. "Noona, are you alright? Do you need water?" He looks worried but the pain is already going away so you politely decline him.

"Anyways, what was it that you wanted to talk to me about?" You face your friend once again only to see his face twisted in different emotions.

"Your hybrid is adorable."

"Yeah, thank you but-"

"My hybrid is adorable as well."

If you were drinking your latte again, you would've choked on it for sure. However the man in front of you looks elegant as ever, not a trace of panic whatsoever.

"Not my hybrid though. My parents adopted a bunny hybrid from a shelter a month ago. He is a troubled kid, I think he had a rough past, still doesn't talk much to any of us but for the short time I spent with him, I really like him. I want to bring him here and take care of him myself because I really want to help him to be better."

"I understand you Jin oppa. I'm also trying to do something similar and I know what is stopping you. It's Namjoon isn't it? You haven't even talked to him about it, right?" You glance at him and see his lips forming a thin line.

"You know how possessive he is. He doesn't like anyone to get mixed in our private life and the bunny boy practically living with us, it's not going to put his mind on ease."

"If you ask me, then I'll suggest you let joonie meet him. I'm sure after seeing him, he'll get your point. He's very understanding you know." You muse and see Jin's lips forming a smile. A kind and genuine one. Even his eyes sparkled with new hope.

"You are a good listener and adviser as always." Jin pipes as he goes for the first bite of his pastry. He hadn't been to touch it because of the ever growing tension in his mind and food is his eternal love.

"Oh thank you but can you be my adviser this time?" A cunning smile crosses your face, unnoticed by Jin.

"Sure, what do you need help for?"

"Say oppa, are you still in contact with that fashion designer buddy of yours?"

______________________________

Taehyung prepared kimbap for dinner and although it was a little too salty, you didn't comment anything about it, because making the hybrid discouraged is the last thing in your mind.

"I will make better kimbap next time." Taehyung's sound booms into the kitchen all the way from the entrance where he stands, to the kitchen sink where you were washing dishes.

He's always like this. Thinking too much about trivial things. You smile to yourself at this. This is one of the things you don't like about him but still like it, if that makes any sense.

"Sure, I'll look forward to it. By the way you'll have to come with me to bank tomorrow." You say wiping your hands on kitchen towel and glancing at the boy.

His ears perks up in confusion and curiosity. A few thoughts goes through his mind, none of them depicting why you would bring him to your workplace. You cherish the confused look on his face for a moment before answering.

"According to the new laws for hybrid's rights, they can now have a bank account. A wanted you to open a bank account so you can save payments from your work and be more independent." You explain to him, placing the towel back on it's rack and proceeding to living room to continue your routine of watching a movie before bed.

Taehyung tails behind you like a puppy, a radiant smile on his face as he contemplates everything in his mind. "Wow noona, that's cool." He beams at you and you ruffle his hair playfully.

"What are we watching tonight? Comedy? Horror? Romance? Oh hey I forgot to tell you this but if you're taking a day off already, we should use it to full extent." You flick through the different movies on netfix, nothing specific catching your eyes.

"How?" Taehyung says, sitting beside you.

"We should go shopping for your birthday. Birthday boy should shine the brightest. But you'll look good in anything you so we wouldn't have to work hard to find the perfect outfit but again, I was wondering what would be best to-"

You're cut off mid sentence by Taehyung suddenly hugging you. You're confused but more than that something flutters in your heart, a warm feeling spreading throughout your body evenly. Butterflies swarms in your stomach like a teenager having a crush.

"You're cute." He says chuckling and retracting back to his seat before you could register anything. Much to your dismay, the warm feeling inside you is gone as well but a scarlet shade is still prominent on the apple of your cheeks.

"Huh? What was that for?" You ask, still dazed, fingers not searching for a movie anymore.

Taehyung who is still laughing just shakes his head. "What are you gonna be wearing?"

"I once bought a dress but never got to wear it so maybe I'll wear that. Besides it's not my birthday so it doesn't matter what I wear." You say nonchalantly, not noticing the look on his face when he says, "It does", because you can't look at him after the brief hug.

Did it really have that big of an effect on you?

You try to change the subject as well as the atmosphere. "By the way, you met Jin today. He's so handsome right? See, you were worried over nothing when Namjoon came." Your fingers again start moving on the remote, desperately trying to find something to watch.

Taehyung sighs and plops back on couch, eyes closed and fully relaxing. He replies, "His visuals are sure very extraordinary but you're still the most beautiful to me."

And all thoughts of watching movie escapes your mind after that.

Please tell me that the last line from Taehyung was not cringey at all.😅🙏🏻