40 : Some confessions don't need to be said

You didn't realise that it's already evening now. Nari was discharged from the hospital in afternoon but you had to make sure that she and your niece Jihyo were totally comfortable in their apartment.

You had put everything they could need in Nari's arm range so she wouldn't have to call Jimin every time. A decent and delicious meal was also prepared by you and with help of Jimin who looked too tired after everything. They both did actually. Is that what it's like to be new parents?

You smiled putting a blanket over the father who accidentally slept on living room couch without even having dinner. He deserved some rest after all and Nari would tell him to eat whenever he wakes up.

Kissing a goodbye to the mother and daughter duo and assuring them to call you if they need anything, you're ready to go to the bakery to pick up Taehyung.

It's 31 December, the night after Taehyung's birthday and the night before new year. Normally you would spend it with your friends, eating and drinking and watching fireworks together. But not tonight.

From the adventures of last night that includes fighting at a club recklessly and spending the night in hospital just to see the face of awaited baby, partying tonight didn't seem like a good idea. And what's better than being cozy in your home and watching new year programs with a cup of hot chocolate in hand and a good company?

There is such a rush in the bakery this evening. Everyone seems to be buying some goods and eat them later with their loved ones. But that crowd only means that Taehyung would have to work till later. So not wasting your time, you wear your apron and starts doing the waitress job which you've done countless times because it used to be your part time job before you got your permanent banking job.

Time seems to flow like sand from your fingers, so languid that it slips without much realisation and before you know it's already 9 in the evening when the bakery finally closes down for the day. Your muscles ache as if you've ran a marathon for a whole day which would actually be less compared to all the things you had actually done today.

Taehyung looks just as exhausted and you decide against making dinner and just pick up chinese take out on your way home. There's no rule that says you should eat traditional home meal on new year, is there? Almost falling asleep in the car when Taehyung drives you both back to the house time again seems to move faster than you can comprehend that you don't realise when those noodles and dumplings went into the pit of your stomach.

Now you and the hybrid are watching some music show on television in your usual position (you laying on couch and Taehyung sitting in front of you on carpet) but this time your hands are not moving in his soft luscious locks, scratching his scalp and ears. They are limp on the couch because you're a coward and can't touch the man anymore without thinking about his confession last night.

And once the recollection of that particular memory invades your mind, it doesn't go anywhere. It sits so heavy in your head that it's all you're thinking about now, totally ignoring the music show which you would've enjoyed otherwise.

You sit with a huff and flips the switch off, the tv dying down momentarily and a specific set of eyes setting on your face curiously.

"I think we have some ice-cream in fridge. Let's grab it and go to rooftop." And so you do, dragging your hind limbs across the floor as a sudden tiredness envelopes your whole body. You don't even want to think about it let alone talk it out with Taehyung but it's something that's inevitable and you'd rather do it now than waiting out.