39: Aftermath

"You hurt the boy, do you know that?" A voice falls into your ears when you went to drop Taehyung off at bakery like usual and pick something for Jimin and Nari. The latter one was to be discharged from the hospital in a few hours. You had prepared their meal but you decided to buy something else fresh from the bakery for the new parents.

"I'm not even surprised that you already know about it." You mumble, pulling up the last of the croissants into a small brown paper carry bag, however, your focus was still on the cat who's been just looking at you since you came.

Taehyung and Hoseok are best friends so it was pretty natural that he knew about it and it would be totally natural as well for Hoseok to tell Yoongi because at this point those two are just inseparable. But it's not their place to know about things so personal like this between you and the one you've grown to like so much. Then again, you would've told Nari about it as well if it weren't for her just delivering a baby last night.

We always need people who can listen to us even if they don't truly understand our situation and feelings. Just listening is almost enough most of the time. So you can't really hate how your best friend have come to know of what happened last night from Taehyung.

"Yoongi oppa, can we talk about this later? I'm really not in the mood to explain how I feel right now." You don't call him oppa often. Only when he asks you to or when you're actually serious and this time it's the latter one.

Left ear of Yoongi twitches at your humble behavior and it worries him. He takes two steps forward to reach both physically and emotionally because he feels you need it. Taking your hands in his he rubs the back of them with his thumbs. "Hey sweetheart, you don't need to stress it okay? I'm sorry if I made you feel pressured but I'm just confused why you won't accept his feelings when yours are just as strong. I'll wait though, till.... whenever you're ready."

"Thank you. I promise I'll talk to you." You sigh a small smile tugging at the corners of your mouth at the sight to Yoongi smiling lovingly at you. It's one of the things you like about him. His understanding nature.

A thought comes to your mind and the possibility of it turning into a reality nearly scares you. So you try to make Yoongi promise to you something. "But you can't tell him about my feelings alright?"

You know those kind of smiles when that cat is grinning like he is right now. A smile beginning to form but never reaches its full bloom, only the sliver of it's presence on one corner of his lips. And his eyes? Those feline eyes look sharper than ever. It's one of those mischievous smiles.

"Why not?" He muses, giving you the same looks when he eats your hidden sweets and you don't like it at all.

"Yoongi." You warn but that can only do so much.

"Oppa." He counters and you can feel the fumes of something burning inside you.

"You won't say a word about this to Taehyung or I will spill more than a few words to Hoseok." It's an empty warning. It's not like you'll do something like that to your best friend even though you are certain that the said man won't hesitate to do this to you. But you see the effect when Yoongi coughs a little, glancing at the kitchen door to make sure no one is near enough to eavesdrop on this conversation because Taehyung and Hoseok are inside that very kitchen.

"First of all there's nothing to say and second, not a whiff of whatever is going in your mind to hobi, you get me?" His eyes are blown to their full capacity and his ears are perked up, highlighting his hybrid senses and you smirk internally.

"Sure, do we have a deal then?" You know you've won this time but you still had to ask for the piece of your heart and mind.

He grumbles, not liking the situation one bit. "Fine. Although it's pretty obvious but I won't tell Taehyung you like him."

_________________________________

"She totally likes you!" Yoongi stress just minutes after you've left for hospital. You had to take another leave for today because it was important but you've started to notice that you don't put much effort into your work like before.

"I don't think that's the case after last night." A tired Taehyung says, playing with his long fingers on the table he's sitting on instead of the numerous chairs in the bakery. There's still some time before the opening time of bakery and they had to spend it questioning Taehyung's choices.

"Then why did you kiss her? We worked so hard for it and now look, what happened? She just outright rejected you." Yoongi groaned flicking away the black strands of hair away from his eyes to look at the now nervous hybrid tapping on a table with his finger nails and trying to ignore the fuming cat.

"Hyung, we can't always plan things you know?" Hoseok, the pace setter, to whom Taehyung is so lucky to have because that redhead fox is the very definition of a true friend.

But Hoseok is a naturally optimistic person. Anything about being negative is not in his dictionary at all. Even when he has his gloomy days, the man somehow manages to smile and go through it like it's just a carousel ride in a fair. So when hobi stays just as positive about this situation, that doesn't ease the nerves of the other two men.

"Thank you very much hobi but this thing?" Yoongi questions now, looking at a sulky Taehyung again. "This thing is something we've been planning since-" He cuts himself off at a loss of words, trying to remember when was the first time he noticed a blooming romance between his best friend and her hybrid. "-since we two come to realisation that they have feelings for each other. You noticed it before me hobi. You already knew about it before I talked to you about it. Do you want to see your ship sink?"

Hoseok didn't want to laugh. Definitely not at the miserable situation of the jaguar-leopard hybrid but just now his hyung looked so cute being frustrated that he couldn't stop the his cheerful laugh.

"I think you're thinking about it too much hyung. Maybe the unplanned kiss could actually make the whole situation go faster?" Again the joyful personality of Hoseok is too much for Yoongi who's very practical about the possibility of things that can happen and that can not. But maybe that's what the cat hybrid needs to balance out his over the top practical thinking. Only a dash of Hoseok the sunshine can make dish of life better.

"If it was a normal confession there was a higher probability that things would be different." This time Yoongi is not stressed just stating out a fact but the hybrid who's been oddly quite till now has had enough of this.

"You don't understand hyung. It was too much for me. Maybe it would be different on other night but not last night."

"What do you mean?" Hoseok leans over to take notice of how Taehyung's ears are slightly flopped over his blond hair and the frown on his lips can't be overlooked.

"Uh...she was...umm...maybe you'll didn't notice in the club or hospital because there were too many people but actually she was ovulating last night and her scent was so powerful I felt like it was drawing me towards her." The man inhaled deeply as if he could still get a whiff of your scent in the air. "And her eyes were so deep and she just looked so beautiful that I lost control hyung."

Hoseok rests his hand on younger's hand as if to say that he understands what the latter is saying. And he does. Why won't he? He's a hybrid himself.

"Well I can't really blame you for that now can I?" Asks the cat scrunching his nose in a cute manner and taking a seat himself. Taehyung smiles when something strikes his mind. A small cheshire smile that makes his tail twitch with excitement.

"And you know what hyung?" He drags purposely just so the two older ones have their full attention to him. "I don't regret it at all. Her taste is as sweet as her scent."

Hello everyone. Hope you're all doing okay and taking good care of yourselves. And I also hope that you enjoyed this chapter even though there's not much action but just conversations.

Have a lovely day/night. <3