Rural Roads

Once Nikki has seen to the body of the victim they head across the road and look within the hedge line for any evidence that may help them with identifying the body.

Since finding the body they have uncovered a bike that has clearly been involved in an accident. "ID on the Victim!" the SIO shouts as he turns around with his phone against his ear, he puts the phone down and walks over to Nikki and Jack. "Victims name Sarah Bray, last seen early this morning leaving her house 5 miles east of this road" he adds.

"Well that makes my job easier" Jack smirks as he watches an unmarked police car pull up and a young woman dressed in a suit getting out and walking up to them. "DCI Ayesha Hussain, I have been assigned to the case, this victim is known to us, Sarah Bray... on record under police protection" she speaks.

The SIO nods and introduces Jack and Nikki, "This is Dr. Nikki Alexander, the pathologist assigned to the case, and this is Jack Hodgson forensics" He says.

DCI Hussain nods and starts to walk down the crime scene and Jack continues to explain to Nikki what he thinks happened while she walks along the road gutter looking for any evidence of if the body was moved.

"...Bike gets dragged under the car... paint's a visual match to Sarah's bike - manufacturer will confirm that" Jack speaks as he continues to explain to DCI Hussain what he will know.
"Now we know the road she took, we can do targeted house-to-house," Ayesha speaks. Nikki walks away towards trees carrying her case with her still scanning the trees and hedges for more evidence

Nikki continues to scan the hedge line for anything, soon she notices something catching her eye which seems out of the ordinary "Strand if hair!... must've hit her at speed to send her off the road at this height." Nikki shouts over to Jack.

"Brake marks on the asphalt back that up," Jack replies.
Nikki walks further into trees she sets her case down and crouches beside it as she opens up the silver medical case and pulls out a small clear evidence tub and a set of small blue forensic tweezers.

DCI Hussain huffs and puts her hands on her hips and looks up at the sky in annoyance, "Bastard. Tread prints?" She quizzes.
"Jack?" Nikki says as he walks towards her still talking to DCI Ayesha Hussain.
"We'll see, but when wheels lock up, all you tend to get is burnt rubber" Jack explains as he goes and crouches next to Nikki who is crouching looking at the tree which has blonde hair and blood sprayed against the bark of the tree. Nikki points with her forensic tweezers and removes the strands of blonde hair and places the hair in a pot for evidence.
"We need to search these woods now in case she came round and wandered off. What, you're not hopeful?" Ayesha replies.

Jack and Nikki both look up at Ayesha at almost the same time. Nikki looks back at the tree. "That velocity and impact - No. Plus she is in a body bag on the way to the Lyell" Nikki replies and Jack smirks at her almost sarcastic reply.

"Give that her phone is missing and we found her bike dumped in the hedgerows, it's more likely the assailant removes her body from the scene," Jack explains while helping Nikki to bag up evidence.

"My guess is that she came round in the car and the assailant panicked and dumped her body in the road further down, but given the speed, she was dumped at. I would predict there was more than one person involved" Nikki replies as she stands back up and continues to look for evidence with Jack.