Lunch time Meet up

They soon arrive at the cafe and Nikki gets a table near the window so Jack can see them when he comes in, Maddison has been brought in, in her car seat and is currently on the floor in the seat, while Nikki gently rocks it with her foot. 
Nikki glances at her phone but there are no messages so continues to watch Poppy colour in a drawing that was on the table for children. 

"Mummy when is Daddy coming?" Poppy asks as she focuses on colouring in between the lines.
"Soon darling," She smiles as she finds herself clock watching. 

The cafe door clicks open and the shuts gently, Poppy looks up and gasps before getting down off her chair and running off in the direction of the door making Nikki look up and around to see Jack. 

"Daddy!" Poppy squeals with delight as Jack lifts her up.
"Hello, sport... how are you?" Jack smiles as Poppy cuddles him tightly.  

Poppy doesn't reply and continues to hug her Dad, she hadn't seen him this morning as he left for work way before Poppy wakes up. He carries Poppy back to the table and puts her down on the floor and leans over and kisses Nikki on the lips, "I thought you weren't coming" Nikki replies as she pulls away from a kiss. 

"Sorry, a complex case" Jack smiles and sits down on the chair beside Nikki and looks down at Maddison. 
"Anything I can help with?" Nikki smiles. 
"No... You're on maternity leave, I'm under strict orders not to let you even look at a case" Jack smiles resting his hand on her knee. 

She pulls a sad face at Jack and sighs, "You're so boring Jack, I never get to know anything now" She replies. 

Jack just rolls his eyes at her and picks up the cafe menu and browses through it, "Daddy I want nuggets..." Poppy smiles cheekily. 
Jack shakes his head and laughs, "Of course you can... so Nik, did you get all the uniform... and what is the damage done to my bank account" He questions.
"No damage at all, I used my own account mainly... now, what are we going to have for lunch... I'm due back at half two" He smiles and Nikki takes the menu from him and glances through it before pointing at the tuna pasta. "Oh, so I'm paying? what is it a cup of tea too?" He asks as he gets his wallet out and stands up. 

"You know me so well" She giggles and kisses his cheek. Jack smirks and walks away from the table and goes to order their lunches.