Strange Room

"Come on baby, you need to go to sleep," Nikki says to Poppy who is still wide awake at 10:30 pm. Poppy lies down in the fold-down bed it the spare room where both Jack and Nikki are stopping too.
"Mummy, I want to sleep with you" Poppy mumbles as she kicks the blankets off for the fifth time this hour.

Nikki sighs and pulls the blankets back over Poppy and rests her hand gently on Poppy's chest, "No darling, Mummy's back is hurting her... you need to sleep in your own bed, do you want me to get you a bottle of warm milk?" Nikki suggests as she strokes her daughter's hair softly

Poppy nods with a cheeky smile and watches Nikki reach into the suitcase and pulling out Poppy's favourite teddy bear out and passes it to Poppy before grabbing a small bottle with a teet out of the handheld luggage bag and standing up. "I'll be back soon baby" Nikki smiles as she walks over to the door and shuts it too before heading downstairs.

Jack looks up from his phone to see Nikki coming down the stairs which are situated in the lounge. "Is she asleep?" Jack questions.
"No, she wants milk... do you mind if I have some milk off you, Josephine? I shall replace what my daughter uses" Nikki smiles as she rubs her bump gently again in small circles.

"Don't be silly, help yourself... I buy way to much milk" Josephine laughs happily before getting up and taking the bottle off Nikki and going to fill it full of milk.

Nikki looks at Jack and sighs, "Can you take the milk to her... I just want to sit down, I'm so uncomfortable" Nikki mumbles as she sits herself down on the sofa and strokes her bump continuously.
"Sure, giving you grief?" He smirks resting his hand on her perfectly formed bump. She nods and places her hand on top of his.
"I feel it moving" Nikki smiles.

Jack raises an eyebrow and watches her bump, "It's very faint, almost like butterflies."
He continues to smile and stroke her bump lightly. Josephine comes back in with the bottle for Poppy, Jack stands up from the sofa and takes the bottle upstairs to Poppy.

Jack gets upstairs and heads into the spare room, "Daddy? I wanted Mummy" Poppy frowns and sits up. Jack walks over to the bed and hands the bottle of milk over to her. Poppy takes the bottle of milk and starts to get upset.

"Oh Poppy, don't get upset, come here," Jack says while sitting himself down onto the fold-down bed. Poppy crawls forwards and onto Jack's lap, he pulls her into a tight hug and strokes her head gently while he rocks her side to side as she whines to herself. "Drink your milk Pops," Jack says and Poppy starts to drink her milk.

He smiles as she starts to drift off to sleep in his arms, it had been so long since Poppy had fallen asleep in his arms while drinking her milk. The last time he recalled a precious moment like this was when she was just turning one.
Soon Poppy is finally asleep and he places her back down in the fold-down bed and tucks her in, he places the bottle on the side and then heads back downstairs to Nikki and his aunt. "She is asleep" Jack smiles as he comes back down the stairs and heads over to Nikki and sits beside her.

Nikki cuddles up to Jack's side and continues to watch the TV, "Was she okay? I heard crying" Josephine questions.
"Yes, she is, strange room and all, she has always been funny about what room she sleeps in or where" Jack smiles.
"I'm sure you were the same when you were young and stopped here" She replies causing Nikki to giggle.

Jack kisses Nikki's head and snakes his one arm around her body and rests it on her hip. "Is everything set for the funeral tomorrow?" Jack asks his aunt trying to make conversation.
"Yes... think so. Just the buffet but your Uncle Fred is doing all that with his wife" Josephine replies.

Before long they all head off to bed as there is a long day ahead of them tomorrow, Jack comes back into the spare bedroom after going to the bathroom, he turns the main bedroom light off before walking over to the bed and getting in with Nikki, "Squeeze up, room for a little one" Jack smirks.

"Small double bed isn't it... not the best when your stomach takes up most the room," Nikki says.
"It's okay, I forgive you" He chuckles as he reaches for the lamp and turns off the light. Jack cuddles up to Nikki and rests his hand on her bump.