A little off

Later on that evening Jack and Nikki have just climbed into bed after putting Maddison down to sleep and also making sure Poppy gets to sleep after her Calpol as she kept complaining she didn't feel very well. 
Nikki lies down on her side and looks at Jack, "I swear I saw spots on her back while I was bathing her earlier... I know I'm getting myself wound up over it but it could be chickenpox, it's going around the school you know... but it could be heat rash" Nikki speaks as she looks at Jack who is just lying staring up at the ceiling. "Jack, are you even listening to me?" Nikki speaks. 

Jack doesn't reply but carries on looking up at the ceiling, Nikki sits up on her knees and looks down at her lover, she leans over him and kisses but Jack doesn't respond, "What is wrong with you Jack? Have you got another woman or something? Have you lost interest in me?" She speaks nervously. 

Jack moves his head and looks up at her with a slight smile, "Of course I haven't, I love you way too much Nik, I love you... you know that right?" He speaks softly. 
She smiles slightly and then takes the plunge and straddles him, "Now your fiancée needs some loving" She giggles as she tucks her hair behind her ears and leans forwards to kiss him. 

"No Nik, not tonight... I'm tired" He speaks as she gently removes her off his lap. 
Nikki frowns and looks at him, "Spoilsport!" She huffs. 

She sits on her knees again and looks down at him, she smirks as she comes up with an idea and then takes the plunge. Nikki grabs the bottom of her pyjama top and rolls it up to her chest and looks at Jack, Jack looks back at her blankly, "Come on Jack, you know you want too, just one tiny feel..." She smirks. 

Jack shakes his head and smiles at her, "Not tonight, I'm going to the toilet" He speaks as he climbs out of bed leaving Nikki stunned, she rolls her pyjama top back down and then gets comfortable in bed and turns her lamp off.

Jack comes back into the bedroom and notices Nikki lying on her side facing away from where he sleeps, he climbs into bed and then decides to spoon Nikki and wrap his arms around her waist. "I'm sorry, just not feeling it tonight" He mumbles against her ear.

"Of course you're not Jack, don't bother apologising just tell me are you seeing someone else? I promise I won't be mad" Nikki speaks. 
He laughs and props himself up on his elbows, "No Nikki. Don't ever say that again, you know I love you and it will always be you every single time!" He speaks. 
"Really Jack?" She speaks. 
"Really... now, how would I know you're not seeing someone else?" Jack replies as he looks down at her his eye wondering over her small frame outlined by the duvet. 

"Jack that's nuts!" She speaks as she looks over her shoulder at Jack. 
"Exactly, don't think like that then!" He snaps and then instantly rolls over and snatches the duvet. 

Around three in the morning, Nikki is woken by the faint shouting of Poppy, "Mummy! Mummy" She cries out, Nikki sits up and turns her lamp on for a split second she is blinded by the light, she glances at her phone and the sighs. 

She walks across the hallway to Poppy's room and turns on her light, "What is wrong baby?" Nikki sighs as she walks over to her bed. 
"Mummy, my belly hurts" She cries as he bottom lip trembles. 
Nikki sits herself down on Poppy's bed and then grabs the Calpol from the shelf above the bed, "I shall get you some water too sweetpea, but you need to try and sleep so you can get better" Nikki smiles as she rests the back of her hand against Poppy's forehead. She then decides to give her something for her bellyache. 

Nikki stands again and grabs the plastic beaker from the side of Poppy's bed and heads into the bathroom to fill it up with cold water. She then walks back through to Poppy's room and places the beaker down before settling Poppy back down. 

She leaves the room and turns her light off before checking in on Maddison who is fast asleep in her cot, Nikki finally walks back into her own room and climbs back into bed before lying down and turning the lamp off.