Bomb Shell

Nikki gasps as she slips forwards but feels herself being jolted backwards, she turns her head as she stands the opposite of the safety rail and looks at Harry who is holding her waist tightly. She looks at him and smiles with relief that he has hold of her, "Nikki, it's not safe to come back over the railing" Harry speaks.

Nikki edges sideways before sitting herself down centimetres away from Jack, Suddenly there is a bang and the fire escape doors open again and Nikki and Harry look over their shoulders to see Thomas stood at the door, "Nikki? what the hell is going on?" Thomas shouts. Nikki looks at Thomas and nods, "Nikki, I'm calling the police" Thomas adds as he pulls his phone out.

"Don'tget the police involved! I know what I am doing." Nikki responds nervously.
Thomas looks at Harry unsure of what is going, "Go back inside, I've got her... don't call anyone unless... you know" Harry speaks and Thomas gets the idea and heads back inside to tell Clarissa who has Maddison what is going on.

Jack looks at Nikki who is sat beside her, his heart in his mouth as he almost witnessed Nikki fall to her death. "I feel like I've failed you!" He sighs as he can't even bare to look Nikki in the eye.
"Jack, you haven't failed me... don't talk like that... it's nuts" Nikki responds.

"You don't love me, otherwise we would have been married a while ago.... You are only with me because of the girls, so the girls don't have a broken family!" He comes out with instantly.

Nikki looks at him completely shocked, she freezes at his reply, "...Okay then, well we shall get married then, but I'm not marrying your dead ass," she smirks and Jack chuckles slightly through the tears. "See you are still happy inside, the obnoxious Jack that I fell in love with is still there..." she adds.

He smirks slightly before looking over the edge again, Nikki's heart skips and she grabs hold of his hand but he snatches his hand away, "That's not the real me it's always been a big show, what don't you get," Jack snaps feeling agitated and threatened by Nikki.

Nikki looks at him lovingly and replies, "If this is all a show then why does Poppy have your sense of whit and Maddison has all your facial expressions?"

"The girls would be better off without me" He feels the urge to move close to the edge which makes Nikki really nervous.

She thinks of something to say as she is being careful about what she says, and then comes out with "They dote on you Jack, they love every bone of your body and more. I can't do this without you".
Jack looks over the edge and then looks up at the sky which makes Nikki think he is going to jump; he thinks for a moment before replying "Of course you will be able to do it without me".

Nikki thinks again and then suddenly realises she has a growing life inside her body, she takes a breath and then looks at Jack, and smirks "But I won't be able to look after our three childrenon my own" Jack looks at her confused and so does Harry.

"We have two girls Nikki," he sighs.

Nikki smiles slightly before resting her hand on her really flat stomach and replying "But... we have three children to look after now, I have a feeling this one is going to be a Mini you."

She smiles contently and looks at Jack who turns and looks at her his face still wet from the tears. Nikki looks at Jack with a smile again but watches his facial expression get angry, "Youare lying; you are only saying that so I won't jump."

Nikki bites her lip as she starts to become emotional, the tears form in her eyes she couldn't believe he had said that to her, his words were hurting her more now than ever, "Why would I lie about being pregnant?" She cries the tears slipping down her cheeks, Jack pauses.

Harry who is still holding Nikki by the belt of her Jacket tightens his grip fearful for the expectant mother realising how close to the edge she is. "It's early stages, but I wanted to surprise you with it tonight" Nikki sighs as she feels her stomach again.

Jack gets more tearful and as he looks at Nikki with her hand on her stomach, "Why am I even here" He mumbles.
"I don't know Jack, you're not well" She sighs defeated.
"My brain has the flu? that's what you say... that's what you said was wrong with you..." He speaks and Nikki nods slowly.

"Jack, you need to get help....this baby Needs you, Jack, I need you... the girls need you!" Nikki replies as she bites her lip, both of them crying.