Emotional Support

That evening Jack and Nikki were sat on their bed together, Thomas had both Poppy and Maddison so that Nikki could try and get through to Jack and attempt to help him. Nikki cuddles up to Jack and sighs as she rests her hand on his chest. "Talk to me" she speaks softly.

Jack gently squeezes her shoulder with his one hand and looks down at the petite woman cuddled into his side. She meant the entire world to him and his heart breaks knowing she knew he wasn't of sound mind. "What about" he mumbles as he looks back at the wall.

She sits up a little and looks at him before placing a gentle kiss on his lips. "I'm here for you Jack, I mean it, I want to help you get better," she smiles as she cups his cheek.

He nods and looks blankly at the wall, "today... I'm sorry about it all, I didn't know what to do, I felt so weak" he admits.

Nikki smiles slightly and cuddles back into him, "it's okay, it will be okay soon, I want to get you help, I want you to be with me... because Jack, I can't do this pregnancy alone" she speaks remembering once again she's pregnant.

He laughs nervously as he looks at her once again, "baby number three... when did that happen" Jack responds.
Nikki shrugs and looks up at him, "I mean it, Jack, you need to tell me are you one hundred percent in on this one?" She speaks.

"What do you mean Nik?" Jack asks.
"I mean are you one hundred percent with me, I've had second thoughts about..." she begins.

Jack sits upright and looks at her, "No, this is our child, you know I'll stand by you no matter what, but you can't terminate it!" He speaks.

"Good, because I'm not dealing with three children alone" she smiles as she cups his cheek. Jack wraps his arms around her small body and holds her close. 
"Thomas isn't going to be impressed" Jack mumbles against her shoulder. 
"He'll deal with it... now I want to focus on you, today... that wasn't you at all Jack, What drove you to attempt that?" she questions. 

Jack just holds her close and kisses her shoulder before slipping his hand to her stomach, "It doesn't matter now!" He responds. 
"Yes it does Jack, you attempted to throw yourself off a building!" Nikki speaks as she pulls herself out of the embrace and turns to look at him. 

He looks down at her thigh and sighs, he felt so ashamed of what he had put Nikki through especially in the condition she is in. "Speak to me Jack, I'm going to be your wife one day in the future, we need to communicate" Nikki speaks as she looks at her lover. 

Jack nods and keeps his eyes down as he feels so guilty, "My life is just a messed up lie..." He begins.
"How Jack? I mean isn't this what you wanted, someone to love? a great job, two daughters who adore you... another one it's..." She speaks.
"No Nikki, not like that, My Mother... she's meant to be dead, now I find out they have been lying to me... thirty-eight years Nikki, thirty-eight fucking years!" He says with anger in his tone. 

Nikki gets to her knees and looks at him as she watches the man she loves begin to cry again, "I know Jack, things will get easier, in time... I promise you, I will be with you every step of the way" She smiles as she grabs his hand and squeezes it tightly. 

"But will you Nikki, I'm a mess... I shouldn't be like this, I shouldn't have to see so alone, you've got the girls to think about" He begins. 
"No... I know, I love the girls and they're my first priority... but so are you, I love you more than words Jack, and I mean what I said, I will be there for you" Nikki says with a smile. 

And that my friends... is that... 
Only joking I will be uploading the third book in due course, this book is called 'Symphony' and will be following on the story of Nikki and Jack working at the Lyell while trying to balance their home life too with Poppy, Maddison and baby number three. 

Also thank you to my co-writer 'Holls_Alexander who writes some incredible chapters within this, she will also be working on my next book, exciting times!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!