Familiar Face - Part 1

Two hours later Nikki is finally dressed and prepared for the health visitor and is just tidying the lounge before she arrives. Nikki puts the last few pillows on the sofa that Poppy has thrown off as she was playing make-belief earlier while Nikki was in the shower.

Poppy is now sat playing with her dolls in the corner of the room, "Now Poppy, don't make a messy, Mummy has a visitor soon okay?" Nikki speaks to her three-year-old with a smile.

Jack walks into the lounge and glances at Nikki, "Here is one baby fresh from her nap, nappy changed and fed... again" Jack speaks as he places Maddison down on her sensory mat and walks over to Nikki and wraps his arms around her tiny body and kisses her neck, "Mmm I've missed you so much, all these cuddles, I was withdrawn from it now I have my drug back" He mumbles against her ear sending goosebumps down her back as his Irish accent dances off his tongue.

"You're such a cringe Jack Hodgson" Nikki giggles and squirms against him.
"Hmm I like that too, carry on squirming Mrs." He smirks and kisses her earlobe.
"Urgh... Jack, you're disgusting, not in front of the girls, Animal!" She replies and pulls away from him and looks at Jack as she sits down on the sofa.

He rolls his eyes and looks at her, "You're so infuriating you know that?"
"And you have a serious problem with s-e-x, thinking of sending you to therapy" Nikki giggles and glances over at Poppy who is oblivious to them.

"Oh right, the only type of therapy I need is for my fiancee to love me in bed" Jack smirks as he grabs Nikki's empty coffee cup from the coffee table and walks into the kitchen.
Nikki rolls her eyes and chuckles, "Yeah... and look what happens when you can't control your erections... yes Jack babies are made" Nikki laughs as he walks off.

Jack shakes his head and walks into the kitchen with the cup and places it in the dishwasher ready to be washed later on. He walks back through to the lounge and sits himself down beside Nikki, instantly she puts her legs up on his lap and smiles happily at him as she watches Poppy play.

Ten minutes later, the front door goes and Jack gets up to answer the door, He grabs the keys from the hook and unlocks the front door before opening it. "Ahh, Mr. Hodgson I presume?" the young woman speaks and Jack instantly recognizes her as the health visitor.

"Yeah... come in, just through to your left" Jack speaks as she wipes her feet on the mat and steps into the house.
"I'm Lisa, now your normal health visitor Georgina is away on leave so you've got me for the next few visits" She explains as she removes her coat and shoes before following Jack into the lounge.

Nikki sits up on the sofa and looks across at Lisa, Nikki then stands up and lifts Maddison up from off the floor, "Hi" Nikki smiles happily as she looks across at Lisa.
"This must be Maddison Alexander-Hodgson then" She speaks as she takes a seat on the opposite sofa to Nikki and smiles as she gets her clipboard out.

"Yes, this is" Nikki smiles as Jack offers a drink to Lisa and then heads into the kitchen to make her a hot drink.
As Nikki strips Maddison down to her nappy ready for her weight check, Lisa looks across at Poppy who is sat with her back to Lisa, she watches as Poppy stands up and walks over to her Mum's side and looks at Lisa before shying away into Nikki's shoulder. "Poppy, not now..." Nikki says gently pushing her daughter away.

"Oh... oh my gosh, look at you, aren't you all grown up" Lisa speaks to Poppy who instantly attaches herself to Nikki's side again as she moves Maddison.
"Sorry?" Nikki asks a little confused before she realises Lisa was Poppy's health visitor when she was a baby. "Oh my gosh, sorry I didn't even notice it was you. It's been so long" Nikki smiles as she gently places her arm around Poppy's body and smiles at Lisa.

"Mummy, who is that lady?" Poppy questions as she glances at Lisa but hides away in Nikki's shoulder again. "
Don't be so shy Poppy, this lady used to come and see you as a baby, and make sure you were healthy and happy" Nikki smiles and kisses Poppy's cheek.

Jack comes through from the kitchen with two cups of tea and places them down on the coffee table and looks at Nikki who is smiling at him, "What have I missed?" He questions completely lost by what is happening.