Family time

Jack arrives home later that evening, he pulls up in his car and sits there for a moment and takes a deep breath in and out before removing the keys from the ignition. Jack regularly sits alone in the car for a while on returning home from work, he does this to leave the days events behind him, he leans over and grabs his phone from the chair and his jacket before climbing out the car and walking to the boot and grabbing his forensic case out and then shuts the lid.

As he presses the lock button on the car he looks up to see Nikki stood at the door with Maddison against her chest and Poppy standing by her side, "Daddy!" Poppy beams and attempts to step out of the house but Nikki stops her.
"It's wet darling, Daddy is coming in any way" Nikki chuckles.

Jack smiles and puts his forensic case down as he gets to the front door and crouches down to Poppy, she smiles instantly steps forwards and lunges into a hug with him. "Hello sweetie" He chuckles as he parts from the hug and stands back up.

Poppy giggles and attempts to carry Jack's forensic case into the house, Jack smiles and steps into the house after helping Poppy lift the case, Jack looks at Nikki and kisses her cheek, "How's she been?" Jack questions.

Nikki smiles and looks down at Poppy, "Which one?" She chuckles kicking the door shut before turning and locking it.
"Either" Jack smirks as he kicks his shoes off and puts them on the shoe rack, he then picks up his forensic case.

"Well Poppy had a good day at nursery, she's been completely dry today and asked to go to the toilet... she's also made you something..." Nikki begins but is cut off by Poppy.
"Mummy!" Poppy frowns and stamps her feet.
"Oh, I'm sorry darling, she wanted to show you herself..." Nikki smiles sympathetically as she looks from Poppy to Jack.

Jack chuckles and smiles, "Come on Pop's you can show me when I've sat down" Jack smiles walking into the lounge with Nikki following closely.
"Maddison on the other hand, no problem... she's suddenly becoming the favourite child, plenty of dirty nappies, one to many feeds, oh and have I got sick in my hair or down my back?" Nikki questions as she sits down and moves Maddison into her arms.

Jack shakes his head as he checks her hair, "No... oh wait, there is a little" He adds picking up a strand of her hair and smelling it before nodding to himself in agreement.
Nikki sighs and then looks down at Maddison and starts to coo at her and kisses her forehead gently. She yawns as she finishes cooing at Maddison, "Here let me have the girls for a bit, go lie down, have a bath... just have some time to yourself" Jack suggests with a smile.

"Are you serious?" Nikki questions looking at him.
"Of course I am, now go be human for once" Jack chuckles and takes Maddison off her and lies her on his lap. Nikki stands up and kisses Jack on the lips before heading out of the room.

Poppy instantly notices Nikki leaving the room and runs to the door, "Where Mummy go?" Poppy questions worriedly as Nikki has run up the stairs to get away from Poppy who will attempt to get in the bath with Nikki if she knows where she is.

"She's gone for a rest Pops, now why don't you show Maddison and I the beautiful things you've created at nursery" Jack smiles and Poppy nods frantically and runs into the hallway and grabs her nursery bag.

She then bounds back into the lounge and throws her bag on the sofa beside Jack and clambers onto the sofa with her Dad. Poppy pulls out the things from her bag and then cuddles into Jack's side but he moves forwards causing Poppy to slip behind him and fall into a fit of giggles, Jack lies Maddison down in the Moses basket as she is fast asleep and then looks back at Poppy.
"How about we make hot chocolate, then we look through your drawings" Jack suggests.

"Yes, yes, yes!" Poppy says as she bounces up and down and then dances her way into the kitchen following her Dad.

Soon Jack has made hot chocolates for himself and his daughter and they head back through to the lounge and sit back down with them, "Now Pops remember it's hot and you don't want to burn your tongue" Jack smiles and Poppy nods as she puts it on the coffee table and rejoins Jack on the sofa.
Poppy cuddles up to Jack's side and looks at all her crafts and drawing's from the past week at nursery.