A Domestic

Nikki shuts the front door and heads back into the lounge and lies Maddison down in the Moses basket before watches Poppy for a while as she happily plays with her toys in the corner of the lounge. 
Nikki then gathers the courage to head into the kitchen and leans against the doorframe looking at Jack as he waits for the kettle to boil. "Hey..." She smiles a little quieter than normal. She gets no reply for Jack so walks over to him and gently touches his arm.

Jack spins around and grabs her by the wrist and holds her tightly, but not tight enough to hurt her in any way. "What the hell was that woman doing in my house!" He says to her in a raised tone. 

She takes a deep breath and looks at him, "She text me and asked to see Maddison... I couldn't say no to her!" Nikki replies and then looks down at the floor as she pulls her wrist free from his grasp. 
"You could have said no Nikki, she shouldn't be trusted... from now on I don't want her near our daughters... do you hear me!" Jack shouts at her. 

Nikki huffs and puts her hands on her hips, "Seriously Jack, what is your problem? she is trying to get to know you and you keep pushing her away! Be lucky you have parents who can see and love their grandchildren, Jack."

He is taken back by Nikki's reply and falls silent for a moment, "She's a lying vindictive cow" Jack replies. 
"How Jack? She said she is sorry, you know what happened when you were a child, please just get to know her Jack!" Nikki pleads. 

"I won't you're so stupid for letting her come here, now she will think she can come here any time she likes!" Jack says his voice getting more raised with Nikki.

Nikki slams a mug down on the kitchen table and turns and looks at him, "How can you say I am being the stupid one? You are the stupid one, grown a pair!" She replies back in a raised tone also. 

"Don't shout at me who do you think you are?" Jack shouts at her as they begin to argue. 
"I'm not the one shouting you are!" She shouts back and throws the mug into the sink and glares at him. 

Nikki then storms out the kitchen and into the lounge leaving Jack stood in the middle of the kitchen. Nikki sits herself down in the lounge and looks down at her phone, "Mummy?" Poppy speaks up as she appears from behind the sofa dressed as a fairy. 

"Yes, darling?" Nikki replies placing her phone down on the sofa and admires her daughter in fancy dress. 
"Daddy angry?" She asks quietly as she walks over to her Mum. 
"It's okay baby, nothing to worry about Mummy and Daddy sometimes disagree, don't worry" Nikki smiles pulling her three-year-old daughter onto her lap and cuddles her tight. 

She cuddles into her Mum tightly and holds onto her top, "Did you have a good day at nursery?" Nikki asks as she strokes her blonde plaited hair, Poppy nods and continues to hold Nikki's top tightly. "And did you give the thank you cards to Alison and Rebecca?" Nikki questions her. 

"Yes, Mummy" Poppy smiles as she sits up and remains on her lap. 
Poppy then dives off Nikki's lap and runs around the sofa and grabs her bag from the hallway and comes back in and throws it on the sofa. 

"What have you got in there?" Nikki asks noticing it looking fuller than usual. 
"Drawings!" She giggles happily and unzips the bag and pulls out drawings and a hand puppet she has clearly decorated herself. 

Nikki takes her time and looks through all the drawings and artwork Poppy has created at Nursery, As she looks through all the drawings Jack comes into the lounge and sits down in the armchair beside Maddison, Nikki peers up and glances across at him before looking down at the stuff Poppy has brought home from Nursery.