Home Sweet Home

A couple of hours later Nikki and Jack are in the car on their way back home singing along to the music that is on the radio. They both feel extremely refreshed and relaxed after their weekend away and they both can't wait to get back to seeing their two daughters although they both wished secretly that the weekend was much longer.

"So highlight of the weekend for you?" Jack asks as they come to some temporary traffic lights.

"Hmm, most defiantly Spending time with you" Nikki smiles happily back as she rests her hand on his leg for a while. "What about you?"

"Oh defiantly spending time with you too" he sighs contently as he manoeuvres the car around the temporary traffic lights which are allowing them to go.

Nikki smiles happily to herself, "I still don't understand how we're still together..." she says leaning back in her chair and moves her head to look at Jack.
"Love have mysterious ways of happening and staying forever" Jack responds and changes the gears on the car and then rests his hand on her knee and fits it a gentle squeeze.

"I love you Mr Hodgson" she smirks.
"I love you more Dr Alexander" he smirks back as he glances at her for a brief second.

Within the hour they are pulling up outside their house, Jack turns the engine off and looks at Nikki, "back to reality" he smiles as he leans over and steals a kiss from her.

She kisses him back as she unbuckles her seatbelt and gets out the car. Jack grabs the cases from the boot of the car and brings them to the front door and locks his car. Nikki grabs her house keys from her handbag and unlocks the front door before stepping inside and taking her shoes off.

In the distance they can hear Poppy in the lounge playing happily, Jack shuts the front door carefully and removes his shoes and jacket like Nikki and then places the cases by the staircase.

Nikki smiles excitedly at Jack as they walk into the lounge to see Poppy with her back to them playing with her toys. Nikki doesn't say anything but sits herself down on the sofa and just watches Poppy play happily.

A few minutes pass by and Nikki decides to make herself know to her young daughter. "Hello princess" she speaks softly.

Poppy instantly stops dead and spins around quickly on the floor to see her Mum and Dad before her. "Mummy!" She squeals happily as she jumps to her feet and drives onto Nikki.

Nikki laughs and looks up at Jack with a grin on her face. "I've missed you Mummy!" Poppy beams as she doesn't want to let go of her Mum.

"I've missed you too sweet-pea" Nikki smiles and plants a kiss on Poppy's head.

Jack walks around the sofa and sits down beside Nikki and Poppy. Poppy instantly throws herself at her Dad and embraces him in a hug too. "Daddy" she mumbles into his neck and she cuddles him tight.

Nikki looks up to see the Nanny with Maddison attached to her hip as they walk from the kitchen to the lounge. Nikki's face lights up as she sees her youngest daughter. She stands up and instantly holds her arms out to Maddison.

The nanny passes Maddison over to her mother and smiles happily. "Hello baby girl, that's a cheeky smile isn't it" Nikki coos to her daughter happily.

Nikki holds Maddison close and kisses her head gently before sitting down beside Jack again. Maddison squeals with delight and pats Nikki's face which is something she has never done before. "Mummy!" Poppy smiles.

"Yes sweetie?" Nikki asks.
"Maddie has learnt a new trick... hasn't she Sophie!" Poppy beams as she looks up at the Nanny.

Nikki chuckles to herself as she looks at Jack and then back at her daughters. "Poppy, Maddison isn't a dog you know, she doesn't learn tricks" Nikki smiles.

"She sits up!" Poppy giggles
Nikki and Jack look at each other and chuckle as they know Maddison can sit up already while being supported.

Soon Jack pays the nanny who gathers her stuff together and leaves for her own flat until she is needed again by them.

Nikki places Maddison down on her belly on her play mat and sits back down on the sofa allowing her some tummy time. "Where did you go?" Poppy asks her Mum as she clambers onto her lap again.

"Daddy and I, had a little adult holiday sweet pea." Nikki smiles as she strokes Poppy's blonde hair.

"I thought you left me" Poppy sighs as she cuddles her Mum tightly.
"We'd never leave you sweetheart. We love you and Maddison way too much" Nikki replies and leans forwards and kisses Poppy's head before Nikki tickles her sides causing Poppy to squeal with delight.