Training of the Love in one's Heart

Third Person's P.O.V

          All the genins were lined up in a line to see who they were going up against in the final exam. Although Gaara let Hana out of his grips, he still got her to stand next to him, much to the other male's dismay.

           "In the final rounds, each of you will put your skills on display. You'll demonstrate the power and control that you've achieved in your respective disciplines," Lord 3rd announced, "According, the final battles will commence one month from now," 

           "Wait? We're not gonna do it right here and now?" Naruto asked.

           "This is to provide a suitable period of preparation," Hiruzen explained further.

           "What do you mean by that?" Neji asked.

           "Well obviously, we need time to practice and train for the finals. Right now, all of us are quite beaten up, so we'll need rest," Hana explained and the Hokage nodded his head and then explained it further for everyone to fully understand.

           "Now with all of that behind us, I would like to let you take your leave... But first, for the final round there is one more important matter to take care of," he said.

           "Let's get on with it. Come on, how long do we have to wait until we start training?!" Naruto exclaimed.

           "In a calm orderly fashion, all of you are going to take one slip of paper from the bottom of the box that Anko is holding,"

           "Everyone just stay where you are. I'll just come to you," Anko said and started walking towards them with the box.

Dosu was first to pick, and then Naruto, then Temari, then Kankuro, Gaara, Hana, Shikamaru, then Neji, and then finally Shino.

           "Good, now everyone has one," Ibiki said, "Going from left to right, tell me the number you got on your slip of paper,"

           "I've got 9" Dosu said. Hana inhaled, remembering that Dosu was supposed to get 8, not 9.

           "#1 of course," Naruto said.

            "7," Temari said.

            "5," Kankuro stated.

            "3," Gaara spoke.

            "My number's 10," Hana said, realizing she had to go up against Dosu.

            "8," Shikamaru said.

            "2," Neji answered.

             "6," Shino said.

             "And that means Sasuke will be number 4,"

             "Very good. Now I'm going to tell you about how the final round tournament will work," The Hokage spoke.

The realisation hit the genins that that was what the paper's were for.

          "Ibiki. You may reveal which ninjas have been paired up,"

          "Yes sir," Ibiki pulled out a clip board with all the names on it, telling them who's going against who. Hana didn't have to look, she already knew and she was excited to show her stuff.

Shikamaru raised his hand to ask the Hokage about the tournament.

           "If this is a tournament, does this mean there will only be one winner. Only one of us will be promoted to chunin?" Shikamaru asked.