|| Chapter 20 ||

... so I was inspired ...

{credits to artist}

=====

"Harry's been ignoring me"

Michael stopped his chewing and raise both eyebrows questioningly at me.

"Huh?"

I turned my attention towards him. It was a Sunday but Harry had to supervise the make up test his class had to do so Michael and Ashton were here to keep me company. Honestly, they were like magnets. You asked Michael if he could hang out today, you get a jumpy, over cheerful, giggly Ashton trailing behind him and touching Michael whenever he felt like it. Poor Michael was trying to not get a boner.

"What do you mean ignoring Niall?" Ashton frowned, ignoring the tv. It was a rerun of How To Get Away With Murder.

I sighed, playing with the hem of the tshirt I had on. It was Harry's so it was little big.

"I don't know, he's always on his phone lately and he's been falling asleep on the couch lately so I sleep on the bed alone" I admitted, frowning even deeper.

"He's just busy Ni, mid terms are in a month" Ashton assured me and I groaned when I remembered that.

"Im gonna have to do mid terms ... Like this" I gestured towards myself and felt so insecure, my eyes were burning. Tears were threatening to fall. I feel so ugly.

"Niall, NOOO" Michael went to sit beside me and put an arm around me. I put my head down.

"I'm fine Mike"

"No you're not. Come on" Michael was tugging me to stand up and I let him.

"What? Why? Where are we going?" I asked, confused.

"We're going to Ashton's house" Michael replied, dragging me to me and Harry's bedroom. He tossed me a pair of jeans and a button up since my tshirts were all too small. I folded the sleeves up until my elbows.

"Wait we are?" Ashton appeared at the doorway.

Michael looked at Ashton like he was the biggest doofus on the face of the earth.

"Yeah, Mama Irwin is making macaroni and cheese"

"Mama- what? How did you know that?" Ashton asked, confused and shocked at the same time.

I watched amused as Michael waved his phone in Ashton's face.

"She texted me"

"Why the hell are you texting my mom!"

"No questions asked until we arrive at Mama Irwin's house!" Michael exclaimed, taking my arm and leading out the door.

"Stop calling her Mama Irwin!!" We heard Ashton as he caught up to us.

We arrived at Ashton's house and he unlocked the door grudgingly. I was kind of afraid of what Ashton's family would think of me. Im a pregnant man for gods sake.

"Ashton? Is that you?"

"Yeah Ma, I brought-"

"Michael! Yeah, he texted me!"

Ashton groaned when his mom cut him off and I laughed, Michael in hysterics beside me.

"And why exactly are you texting Ashton's boyfriend?" A girl, who looked younger than Ashton but with the same features as him went down the stairs and grinned at us.

"He's not my boyfriend!" Ashton protested the same time as Michael exclaimed "Im not his boyfriend!"

I raised my eyebrows. "Did you guys plan that?" All earlier problems forgotten as I watched my two closest friends go red in the face.