|| Chapter 28 ||

a/n : guess who's got no wifi until the 25th? 🔫

==
Harry

Two days after, I was helping Niall out of our car while he was carrying Rian in his arms and I carried his bag.

"Hey Har..."

I looked up at my husband calling my name to see him eyeing the man on the doorstep.

He was in an ironed suit, brown hair, sunglasses perched on top of his head. He looked about my age but a little older and he was sitting on the doorstep of our house.

I eyed him suspiciously when he stood up, brushing off the dirt and I put a hand to Niall to stop his walking.

"I'll go see what he wants" I muttered. Niall wanted to protest but I walked ahead before he could.

"Uh? Can I help you?" I tried.

The man smiled. "Harry. Harry Styles? And Niall Horan?"

"It's Niall Styles" Niall corrected quickly and I smiled at that, nodding at the man.

He held his hand out and I took it with the hand that I wasn't holding Niall's bag.

"I'm a representative of Des Styles"

And I dropped his hand, taking my hand back like it was caught on fire. It burned, the name.

"I don't want anything to do with him" I immediately said, walking to the front door and unlocking it. Niall followed closely behind, giving the man a polite smile when I turned around and I sighed, taking Niall's hand to take him inside.

"Wait- Harry-"

"You can tell that man to shove a pole up his ass-"

"I'm your cousin"

I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Jason. My names Jason and I'm your cousin.. Your fath- Des's brother's son"

"Your point?" I asked, getting impatient.

"I'll explain everything if you could please let me in?"

I turned to see Niall gently cooing at Rian who seemed to be awoken up by the outburst and I closed my eyes, breathing in softly before stepping to the side and letting 'Jason' in.

The minute I sense something is wrong, I'm kicking him out.

==

Rian finally calmed down and Niall put him in my arms. My son could calm me down just by breathing, I found out. And calm was what I needed.

"I could make you some tea?" Niall offered after he put Rian in my arms.
He obviously wanted to give us some alone time and I saw Jason smile and nod at him.

Niall kissed me softly on the lips before standing up from the couch and going into the kitchen. He can't really walk around much, I'll have to remind him that.

"So Harry.."

I nodded at him stiffly.

"Your father-"

I gave him a look. He sighed and gave me a small smile.

"Des, he.. As you know he owns a pretty good business empire all over Europe"

DES & CO.

He could have went with STYLES & CO but of course people would know who me and Gemma are and it'll just make everything quite a mess since I didn't want to be any part of his life after he walked out on me, Gemma and my mom when I was 7.

"And he's even branching out to America soon-"

"Look, I don't wanna know about his Business success, he's filthy rich I get that. Now what does that have to do with me? He left his son, daughter and ex wife for a stupid business and that was the end of it. Now what?" I was getting frustrated again so I looked down at Rian breathing softly. I placed a soft kiss on his forehead.

"Harry.. There's a contract.."

I looked at him confusingly as he pulled out papers. Niall came in with a tray of a pot and small cups. He looked like a proper house wife or in his case, house husband. I'm gonna have to tease him about that later.

He poured tea into the cups and then reached out for Rian. Rian seemed content in Niall's arms and I smiled warmly at the sight.

Jason cleared his throat and I turned towards him, already annoyed with this "cousin" of mine.

"Des said once I turn 24, the business empire is mine, as stated in the contract to be dealt with and I'm turning 24 in a year. But what I didn't notice was that in the contract, it stated that if Des Styles' son, Harold Edward Styles refused to have the empire, only that I will get it. And if you refuse, there's another contract that said, If Harold Edward Styles refuses to have the business empire owned by Des Styles, he would get half of the earnings once he marries and have a biological daughter/son."

Me and Niall were speechless as he explained it to us. Niall knew who my dad was, only Niall and a few of my closest friends of course.

"Are you saying I'm gonna get a shit load of money?" I finally broke the silence.

Jason smiled at us. "Yes"

As soon as that information sunk in, I realised that my poor excuse of a father was actually the saviour in all of this. I was obviously going to get fired from the university if not I will resign to let Niall to continue studying there and this kind of money was exactly what I needed to support Rian and Niall while paying for my medical studies I was planning to do.

I asked Jason to write us a rough amount of the money that I would be getting monthly and he wrote it on a piece of paper, putting it on the table and slipping it to us. The both of us looked down at the numbers and I almost choked on my tea.

Holy shit that is a lot of zeroes.

"Are you sure? have you talked to Des about all of this?"

Jason nodded at Niall's words.

"He was the one who asked me to track you down after your baby was born"

"He knew?"

"He has his sources.."

"If that bastard has been having a spy to-"

Niall squeezed my thigh reassuringly.

Right. Money, he's giving us what we need to survive right now. As much as I want to argue with myself, money is what we desperately need right now.

My savings and Niall's won't be enough to support the both of us and Rian.

"So? What now?" I asked.

Jason shifted in his seat.

"Uh.. There's a contract for you to sign. From there, everything that DES & CO get is half yours but.."

Of course. Of course there's a catch! It was stupid of me to think that I would be getting this without a catch.

I held my breath as I asked,
"what is it?"

Jason gave me an apologetic smile.

"Des wants to meet you guys"

a/n : im just full of surprises aren't i? heh I love you guys x

Vote and Comment!
Thank you xx