Intro

There was fire everywhere, the night sky overwhelmed with the smoke from the burning houses. Screams all around, some because of despair, some because of anger, and in the middle of all that wreckage stood a creature so giant it towered over the biggest building in the village.

The creature, with its huge clawed hands slashed and slashed across the buildings, destroying everything in its path. It was a being of calamity. There seemed to be no end to its reign, countless people hurt, even more dead.

Whichever way you looked there was only pain. One way, a mother, crying because her son was going to a certain death, so he can save his village, protect it with his life. The other way, a child who lost their older sibling, under the heavy roof of their once safe home, because they pushed them out of the way.

Then, when all hope seemed lost, a distant cry was heard. A baby's cry. Close to where the giant fox was, where a man and a woman were, impaled on one huge claw. Directly in front of them was a crib and inside the crib was a pair of babies. One with bright blond and the other with crimson red hair. The blond one was crying hysterically, but the other one was quiet, as if dead.

The woman, who also had red hair, let out a cough, blood splattering at the side of her mouth. "Minato". She weakly called out. The man behind her shifted and tightened his arms around her. "Yeah?" He replied, his voice raspy. "We didn't get to pick out a name for the other one yet". She whispered, grabbing Minato's hands which were around her. Minato leaned over her shoulder to look at the other baby and a small sad smile appeared on his face.

"He has your hair, Kushina". He declared, choking up on his words. Kushina nodded sadly. "Yeah, I just hope he won't get in trouble because of it, like I did". Her eyes watery, her breathing sharp. Minato let out a chuckle, before going into a coughing fit, blood dripping down his lips.

"He will find someone who loves him for who he is, just like you did". At his words, Kushina let out a laugh, her grip on his arms tightening. Minato closed his eyes for a brief moment and opened them. "I've decided, how about Akashi?" Kushina let out a sigh. "I think it's perfect". She stopped to take a deep breath, before continuing. "Our little crimson angel". At her words, the blond baby started crying even louder. The couple smiled in affection. "Don't worry, Naruto, you're also our little angel".

The baby, Naruto, as if he understood the words, stopped crying.

Minato's grip on Kushina tightened and Kushina immediately understood. "It's time". Minato said. A sob ripped through the air, coming from Kushina. "It's okay, they are safe, that's all that matters". Minato leaned his face into her neck, comforting her. Kushina could do nothing except nod, tears streaming down her bloodied face.

He then proceeded to do hand signs. Once he finished, a bright light appeared, covering everything in one brilliant flash of whiteness.

When the light receded, the giant fox was no more and the couple was left on the ground. Naruto was, once again, crying, but Akashi, his innocent violet eyes wide open. Silent tears falling out of them as the seals on their stomach turned and faded.