The mission (Book 1 End)

A quickly approaching Chakra signal snapped Akashi out of his thoughts. He stood up in alarm, grabbing his mask and putting it on while doing it. He didn't recognize the Chakra, but he had sensed it before, so he wasn't that worried. One of the ANBU appeared in front of him. Akashi couldn't quite recognize the animal on his mask because of the dark. "Wolf, we have a mission". Was all he said, before disappearing in a swirl of leaves.

Akashi sighed and followed after him.

_

He ended up at the Hokage's office.

There were three other ANBU already there, including the one that called Akashi. He glanced to the side and saw that Coyote was also there. Seems like this was the team he was put on.

"Fifteen days ago, I sent a Jounin on an undercover mission, it took him five days to get there". Tsunade spoke up and brought Akashi's attention to her. "The mission was supposed to four days at most to complete, but he still didn't return... I need you all to go to Kiri and bring him back". She stood up and placed a scroll at the table. "In this scroll is his last known location. He was supposed to send me daily reports, but he suddenly stopped, he sent his last report from this location". The squad leader took the scroll and pocketed it. "You have ten minutes to grab your necessities, then you leave immediately". With that, everyone left the office.

Akashi quickly headed home and grabbed a scroll. He bit his thumb, drawing blood, and drew a circle filled with swirls in the middle. It briefly glowed once he connected the lines, before dimming down. After that, he rummaged through his house for stacks of kunai, shuriken, and a small packet of food. Finishing that, he brought it all to the scroll and using his Chakra, stuffed it in.

He pocketed the scroll and left the apartment.

_

He met up with the rest of the team near the Konoha gates.

Now that he was on the lightened up road, he could see which animals the others had on their mask. One had a bird mask, one had the coyote and the last one had a tiger.

"Since this is your first mission, let us introduce ourselves". The one with the bird mask spoke up. "I am code-named Bird, I am the squad leader, you know Coyote, and the other guy is Tiger". He pointed at each member as he introduced them. "Being the squad leader, I will take middle position, Wolf you take the front, Tiger go right behind me and Coyote you take the back". Everyone nodded and they departed.

_

Their trip to Kiri took a little more than four days, since they had to go by boat. Akashi was a bit glad by that, because the two days of constant running had already taken its toll on him.

When they arrived, he had immediately noticed the difference between the villages. Konoha was more lively and green, the sun was always shinning. Kiri was dark and gloomy, the mist welcomed them while they were still travelling on the boat, and it still hasn't gone away. Not that Akashi thought it would.

Once they made it to the shore, they quickly and silently set off towards the location that was marked on the scroll they got. It had taken a little more time to get there, since they were in enemy territory, but they made it.

They got to the location and, as expected, it was abandoned. The Jounin's inn room was messy, various papers thrown to the ground, blood staining the floor, the ceiling and the walls. "Seems like he was discovered". Coyote spoke up as he crouched down. He lowered his palm onto the dried blood and Akashi sensed him use his Chakra. A moment later, he stood up. "Indeed, he was discovered, but he put up a fight, there are three different kinds of blood here". Akashi furrowed his brows.