Some things can't be fixed

Akashi didn't go home that night.

He wandered around Konoha, through the dimly lit streets.

He had made a decision... he was going to tell the news to the Hokage in the morning. Withholding information could be seen as a sign of betrayal, and he didn't want to be seen as a traitor.

And so, he wandered and wandered... and wandered. Until the early dawn, he didn't stop. One might say he was thinking about things that happened... but it was the exact opposite.

He wasn't thinking of anything. Absolutely anything.

Then, when the time came, he demanded an emergency meeting with Tsunade.

_

"Come in". He heard a tired voice from the inside. He dropped his hand down and pushed the door open. Tsunade raised her thin eyebrows when she saw him. "Uzumaki... Akashi?" She wondered out loud, confused as to why he came so early to see her.

"I apologize for the early visit, but I have information I need you to know about". Tsunade's expression hardened at the seriousness of his voice. She gestured for him to come closer, and he did. He walked over, in front of her desk, before breaking the news. "Last night, Uchiha Sasuke had left the village and is on his way to Orochimaru". Immediate desk slamming commenced.

"What?! Are you sure?!" She stood up in a hurry, her amber eyes wide open.

"I am". He placed his hands behind him, tightly gripping his own wrist.

"How do you know that?" There it was... the awaited question. The question he feared.

"I talked with him last night, just before he left". There was no use in trying to lie... she was going to find out the truth one way or another.

"What? Did you fight? Is that why you couldn't stop him?" She asked, but when they boy stayed silent, her eyes narrow. "You... you let him go, didn't you?" She was perceptive... really perceptive, but it wasn't like he was trying to hide the truth.

"I did". He lowered his head and awaited the reprimand he was going to get. And... damn... did he get it.

She sat back down, face wiped blank. "For withholding information and the possibility of the village's secrets being outed to unallied villages, you are to be suspended from further ninja activities... indefinitely". She declared, before raising her hand. "You are dismissed". He nodded and turned around.

But... before he opened the door, he glanced at her. She blinked at him and he blinked back. "Is there something more you failed to inform me of?" Akashi shook his head, before a laugh left his lips.

"No, nothing like that... it's just...". He trailed off, looking at the office around him. Tsunade narrowed her eyes, feeling annoyed at the sudden stop.

"Spit it out or leave". She demanded, her whole posture radiating irritation. Akashi tilted his head, his lips curling up in a condescending sneer.

"You may have the title of Hokage... but you will never be like him". Ignoring the half-pained-half-surprised look on her face, Akashi gently closed the door behind him.

Tsunade was left alone in the office.

A pitiful chuckle left her lips as she leaned back in her chair. "Sensei... such wonderful kids are in this village...". Naruto's determined face flashed in her head, his words, his dreams of becoming Hokage... Lee's carefree one, also speaking of his dream... and then...

She glanced at the door. Akashi... she doesn't know the boy as much as she knew Naruto, but she could already see...

She was going to have her hands full with him.