Anbu

"You're right". He heard her say. She leaned back into her seat, a defeated expression on her face. Her honey-brown eyes looked tired. "I have made my decision". She admitted. "Uzumaki Akashi, I raise your suspension and...", she trailed off, a slightly unsure look in her eyes, "... welcome you to the ANBU". The said boy bowed his head.

"Thank you". Seeing him bow, Tsunade let out a sigh. What was she doing? Letting a not-even-thirteen-years-old boy into the ANBU? Isn't she supposed to protect the children? And here she is... letting a child join the most dangerous organization in the village.

Shaking her head, she straightened up. "One of my personal ANBU will escort you to the ANBU Headquarters, he will also explain what your job will be". She gestured with her fingers and a masked ninja appeared next to Akashi. "Eagle, you will decide on which team he will be put on". The said ninja nodded and turned to Akashi.

"Follow me". Without another word, he turned around and walked through the door. Akashi cast one last look at the Hokage, before following after him.

Tsunade was left in the office, wondering if she had made a good decision.

_

Akashi ran across the rooftops after the ninja. They ran and ran and ran, until they reached an old-looking building. He followed him inside, and an old lady was standing behind a desk, various antique things on shelves behind and around her. The ninja came closer and whispered something in her ear. The lady nodded and a moment later, the shelf behind her moved, showing a passageway.

Akashi's brows furrowed, watching as the ninja went inside. He glanced at the lady and found that she was already looking at him. There was a brief moment of silence, before her dry lips opened. "Young boy, your life is a unique one... The path you walk leads in two directions...", she stopped, a cough ripping through her throat, before she calmed down, "... and only you can choose which to pursue". She finished.

Akashi huffed at her cryptic words. "What do you mean by that?" He came closer to her, wanting to know what she meant. His life was unique? Path? Two directions? What the hell did she mean? She gave no answer. "What do you mean?!" He raised his voice, but she was still silent, just blankly staring past him.

Sighing, he stomped past her and through the passageway. As soon as he walked through, it closed behind him, and basked him in darkness. A moment later, torches lit, one by one, and cast light on the dark hallway. Akashi glanced down and noticed that the hallway had a stairwell which led down. He reluctantly went down, following after the masked ninja's Chakra signal.

He walked and walked, until he reached the bottom of the stairs. The ninja was waiting for him and he was holding a white mask in his hands. Akashi glanced between the mask and the ninja, confusion written all over his face. "Put this on and seal it with Chakra". Gingery taking it in his hands, Akashi put it on, surprised at how easy it was to do just that.

"From now on, your code name is 'Wolf', you will not let anyone other than the rest of the ANBU, only when necessary, know your true identity". He nodded dumbly, and followed after Eagle once he walked away. He led him to a different room, one which had about 10 or so masked ninjas. They all wore different animal themed masks.

At their entrance, the others looked their way. Eagle gestured for him to come closer and he did. "This is Wolf, he is our new member". Was what he said. Akashi glanced at each and every one in the room. They were staring at him, their Chakra was calm, silently spiraling inside them. He also felt nervous because he knew he was the weakest one in the room right now.

All of them were top-notch ninja. Ones trained for infiltration and assassination. He was trained for none of that. He was not even a ninja for a year, and yet, he was allowed to join their ranks.