Love Lasts

"How does this look?" Sasuke heard him ask. Turning around, he was met with the other boy. Akashi was standing in front of a mirror, hands tightening the sash around his waist as he tilted his head, "Sasuke?" The said boy blinked, but still did not answer. Akashi turned around and looked at him in confusion, until his eyes widened at the sight of him, "Oh," was what left his lips, "Yours... looks nice on you."

He watched as Akashi averted his eyes, "It matches the colour of your hair." Sasuke said.

Damn it. They were so awkward.

"So does yours," Akashi mumbled, shifting on his feet, "We better get going or we will miss the festival."

Sasuke stood still as Akashi walked up to him, a light smile on his face, "Yeah." He answered, fingers gripping onto his own dark robes.

_

It was dark outside and the little town they were staying in was lit up by lights. People were smiling and laughing as they stood in line at various stands which sold different kinds of food and sweets, "Wanna buy something?" Akashi asked him and Sasuke lightly shook his head in answer.

"Do you want something?" He asked, trailing his eyes over the stands.

"Not at the moment... Let's look around." Akashi answered and Sasuke followed after him as they walked through the crowds of people in front of them.

_

"I have a question." Akashi spoke up.

Sasuke furrowed his brows and turned to him, "Yeah?"

Without missing a beat, Akashi continued, "Have you had crushes? I mean... before and after you left Konoha?"

That question was highly unexpected and it took a few moments for Sasuke to come up with an answer, "No, you were the first and only one." It took him a second to realise how cheesy his answer was and he hurriedly looked away, feeling his cheeks go hot. The expected laugh didn't come and he warily looked back at Akashi. The said boy had a thoughtful expression on his face, "What is it?" Sasuke asked.

"You've... never thought about anyone else in a romantic sense before?" The redhead raised his brows at him.

"No." Was his short answer.

Akashi hummed and said nothing else after that.

"What about you?" The question left Sasuke before he could think.

Akashi peered at him, "You know about Shinya, but I've not had anyone except the two of you."

"Have you... always looked only at boys?" Somehow, Sasuke felt the need to know more about Akashi's life and feelings before the two of them were reunited.

Akashi went silent for a few moments, "Well, I've never thought of men and women as separate things," he blinked, "That sounds... odd. It was confusing to me for a while, until I kind of figured it out. I don't care about the gender. A person is a person." As if satisfied with his answer, Sasuke watched as he nodded to himself.

"I see." Sasuke said.

"Was I your sexual awakening?" Akashi sudden question made Sasuke whip his head to look at him. He had that usual shit-eating grin on his face and Sasuke couldn't be bothered to get mad.

"Something like that." He admitted, exasperated.

Akashi snorted from besides him, before a laugh left him, "It's funny hearing you admit something like that."

Sasuke looked down as his lips curled into a small smile.

_

They walked next to each other, until something slammed into Sasuke. It wasn't a hard enough slam to knock him off his feet, nor to make him stumble. He glanced down and saw a small girl, one which had a head full of black hair. She warily looked up at him and her eyes widened in something akin to fear. Not wanting to frighten the little kid, he crouched down and patted her head with a small smile, "Hello there... You should look ahead of yourself next time." She blinked her dark eyes and her lips pulled back into a little smile.