The paths we take

AN: For some reason, this chapter didn't get published and I only saw this now, so I apologize for any confusion that it caused.

Andou dropped to the ground in a hurry and felt the air above him shift. Raising his head, he looked in front of himself. There was no one there. "Wha... what is happening?" Jumping to his feet, he turned around. There he was, standing still, back turned to him. The air was distorted around his body. His head was bent forward, shoulders stiff. What is wrong with him? His Chakra is totally different than before!

His hand whipped to the handle of his sword when he saw Akashi's foot move. The said boy slowly started turning around, head still bowed down. Andou's throat constricted as he tried to swallow and he took in a shaky breath, preparing himself for the upcoming fight. Wide-eyed, his body stiffens when he hears a low growl come from the redheaded boy.

Akashi silently raised his head and locked his eyes on to the target in front of him. Destroy. He lifted his arm. Decimate. He pulled it back. Obliterate. He bent his knees, lowering the center of his gravity. Annihilate. As he looked at the frightened boy in front of himself, the only thought in his head was Kill.

There was a loud shock wave as he pushed off, the ground breaking beneath his feet. The air around him shifted to accommodate to his speed. He thrust his clawed hand forward, merely 4 feet away from the other boy. In a fit of panic, Andou brought his katana down. He didn't expect the resistance. He could only watch as the strong, steel blade broke under his grasp.

It tore right in half, flying into the air above them. Andou's instincts kicked in and made him jump away from the threat. The moment his feet touched the ground, he felt a strong kick aimed at his back. The force of it made him fall forward onto his hands and knees. As he tried to stab the broken half of the blade, still in his hand, behind him, his wrist was grabbed and harshly twisted to the side. A loud crack echoed through the room.

He tried to muffle the scream that threatened to escape him, but he couldn't. Taking a painful breath after his scream subsided, he tried to rip his wrist away from the other boy. Before that could happen, he felt his hair being grabbed and forcefully pulled upwards. A wince exited his lips as he grabbed the hand holding it up, trying to get up to his feet. It proved futile.

He weakly turned his head around and met gazes with Akashi's slit cold ones. "Let... let me go!" He thrashed around, but the other boy stepped on his calf, stopping his movements. There was a familiar glint of steel in front of his eyes. "No... no... stop... don't!" He continued thrashing, but it just added to the current pain he felt. Akashi was holding the top half of the broken blade right in front of him... and the tip was facing Andou.

"No! Stop! I surre-!" He couldn't finish his sentence, because the blade sliced through his throat as if through butter. He stiffened and his mouth opened up in a scream. The blade was shoved deep inside as far as it could go and he felt Akashi's wrist touch his neck. The blade was then twisted to the side, widening the gaping wound. Only a gurgle was heard as the blood gushed out of his throat and down his clothes. He flailed for a moment more, before his body grew limp.

His arms fell uselessly to his sides.

_

Warm...

It's so warm...

...

...

Wait...

...

...

Warm...?