The truth hurts

AN: Welp, I forgot to publish this one... ALSO

After the whole thing with the tattoo was done, Eagle had given him the ANBU gear he was required to wear. Akashi didn't mind it that much, since it was similar to his standard clothes, but the only thing he did mind, were the colors. They were only black and gray...

Once he put it on, Eagle had approached him with a blade. "Is that for me?" His reply was a nod and the blade was in his hands. It felt awkward in his grip... too big. He slowly moved it around, trailing his eyes over the dark red hilt. The weight of it didn't sit well with him, but it'll do.

"The Hokage has requested your presence". With that, Eagle disappeared from in front of him. Akashi sheathed the blade to his back and turned to the exit. He left the headquarters and glanced at the old lady who was guarding the entrance. She was blankly staring ahead, not even acknowledging his existence. Shaking his head, Akashi made his way to the Hokage Tower.

Once there, he was allowed entrance without even saying anything. "Guess being an ANBU has its perks". He knocked on the door and once he heard a 'come in', he went inside. Tsunade was waiting for him behind her desk. As she caught sight of him, she sighed.

"I see you've got everything done...". He slipped the mask off and looked at her.

"Yes, it took a while, but I managed". She nodded and leaned forward, resting her elbows on the desk and intertwining her fingers.

"Did you get placed on a squad?" She asked, looking him over. The ANBU gear looked big on him, even when it was the right number. The blade on his back almost reached over his head... too big for him. Or was he just too small? A throb shook her body. What was she doing? He was too young for this... Her thoughts were interrupted when he spoke up.

"I was... Seems like I was placed on a tracking squad". He answered.

"I see... What about the other squad members?" He grimaced at her words, remembering a certain annoying green-eyed boy. Noticing his reaction, she tilted her head. "Did something happen?" She asked.

Akashi huffed and crossed his arms, turning his head to the side. Tsunade could say it almost looked like he was pouting... She was kind of relieved to see him do that. He was acting his age... for once.

"I was tasked with sparing with one ANBU so Eagle could decide which squad to put me on. The one I sparred with turned out to be a guy I met a few times and, as expected, he wiped the floor with me. I used a seal, which made him proclaim that I was using tricks". Akashi sighed, shaking his head. "To make things worse, Eagle put me on the guy's squad". Tsunade patiently listened to his words.

"What kind of seal did you use?" She asked, wondering what he did. The boy shifted on his feet and glanced at her.

"A blood seal". Tsunade was taken aback at his words. Blood seal? Did those kind of seals even exist? She knew blood was used as a method for summoning, but she never heard about anyone using it for other things.

"A blood seal?" She dumbly repeated after him, making him nod his head.

"Yes". Was his answer. She blinked, expecting an explanation, but she got none.

"Could you clarify?" She asked.

Akashi sighed and walked over to the couch on the side. He sat down and crossed his legs. Tsunade just watched him. "I figured it would be useful to use my blood as a seal in case I get hurt in battle". Tsunade nodded, waiting for him to finish. "Which brought me to the conclusion that I can use it with my Chakra". The Hokage furrowed her thin eyebrows, confusion written all over her face. Use it with Chakra? How?