Can't take my eyes off you

Time passed as the two of them roamed the world together. They never stayed in one place for more than a day, or two at most, before moving on to their next location.

October crept up to Akashi and he almost didn't realise it. His birthday was in a few days, and so was Naruto's. It was a shame they were too far away, all the way out in the deserts near Suna.

His Flying Thunder God couldn't reach that far away, so he asked Sasuke for a favour. The raven-haired boy summoned his hawk and Akashi wrote a small note to Naruto.

Dear Naru,

It's been a while since I've used that nickname, eh?

I apologise for I am not able to come to Konoha for this occasion. Seems like we'll be celebrating another birthday away from each other.

Don't worry about Sasuke and I, we're fine... More than fine, actually.

We're constantly on move and I find myself not minding that. Everything is fine as long as he and I are together. That sounds so cheesy, doesn't it? I bet you're grimacing as you're reading that.

Don't worry, you'll fine someone for yourself and you will understand the feeling perfectly. I can't wait to see little Naruto's running around! I'm going to be such a cool uncle, aren't I?"

Also, there are a few things I couldn't tell you in person, so I will be writing them in this letter.

Thank you for never giving up on me. Thank you for never doubting in me. Thank you for being persistent. Thank you for being the little brother you've always been. Thank you for everything.

Thank you for being you.

Happy birthday, otouto, I love you.

As Akashi sealed the letter up, the hawk Sasuke summoned had landed in front of him and waited until Akashi offered the letter to it. A brief moment later, after it secured the letter in its talons, it flew up and away, heading towards Konoha.

"Those come in handy." Akashi commented, watching as the bird soon disappeared from his sight.

Sasuke stood by his side, looking up at the dark sky, "Your birthday is tomorrow... Is there anything you want?" The boy asked, peering at him from the corner of his eye.

"Not really... You being by my side is more than enough for me." Akashi whispered, trailing his eyes over the numerous stars above them. There was an uncountable amount lighting up the night sky. Something cold touched his hand and he glanced down just to see Sasuke intertwining their fingers. Slowly looking up at the said boy, Akashi noticed he was also looking up at the sky. Feeling his heart throb at the sight of him, Akashi gripped Sasuke's fingers a little tighter.

Sasuke said nothing as they stood still in a comfortable silence.

_

As the sun peeked through the window and dawn was finally upon them, arms embraced him from behind and Akashi found himself leaning against a warm chest, "Happy birthday, Akashi." Sasuke's hold tightened as the he said those words.

Warmth spread through him and Akashi turned around, coming face to face with the raven-haired boy. Without a warning, he leaned forward, brushing his lips over Sasuke's own in a light peck, "Thank you." He whispered against his skin and pulled away.

"You're welcome." Sasuke replied, nuzzling into the bandage which had a permanent place over his neck.

Somehow, it seemed fitting to talk about that now... It has been so long since they started travelling together and Akashi could see that Sasuke was holding back in asking why he constantly had it around his neck.