Just let go

He didn't go back to the hot springs after that. He didn't sleep that night.

Too afraid he was going to remember even more things.

He didn't want that.

Everything was just too painful.

Too painful to remember.

_

He was walking near the river bank when he spotted him. Sai. Sitting and drawing. Next to him stood Sakura. She was leaning over his shoulder and looking at his drawing.

He reached back into his pouch and took out a kunai. Glancing between the weapon and the drawing boy, he weighted the pros and cons.

Finally coming to a solution, he whipped his arm forward and the kunai sailed trough the air. It embedded into the ground next to Sai and Akashi appeared at the same place a moment later. He bent down and took the kunai in his hands, putting it back into his pouch.

Sakura straightened up in surprise, but upon realizing it was just Akashi, she relaxed. "Akashi, good morning". He nodded back in reply.

Sai glanced up at him with that fake smile of his. "Hello". He said and turned back to his drawing. Akashi stepped closer and glanced over his shoulder at the drawing. There were various colors used to make it, but Akashi couldn't figure out what he was drawing.

"Don't people normally title their pictures?" Sakura suddenly asked, as if she was continuing a previous conversation. Akashi guessed that she was. "Like when you draw a portrait, you use the person's name". She said. "And with other pictures, you name it after what was happening at that time, your thoughts, or how you felt when you drew it". She continued.

Sai stopped his drawing. "To be more specific, I couldn't think of a title even if I tried to". He spoke and Akashi leaned away, taking a few steps back. "Nothing comes to mind. I don't feel anything. Nothing at all". That... Akashi really didn't know what to think of that.

He had sensed Naruto before he even came closer, but Akashi glanced back just now.

Naruto had an annoyed expression on his face. "Makes sense. No wonder you're such a douche". He said with a frown. "It's time to leave! Captain Yamato told me to come get you". He walked up to them with his hands stuffed inside his pockets. After he glanced at Sai's drawing, an unimpressed look flashed across his features. "That picture's nothing special". He mocked.

Sai turned to him with that fake smile of his. "Yeah you're right. Just like your dick". Naruto's face immediately burst into a fiery blush. Sakura covered her lips with her hand and looked away, a small blush on her cheeks. "Akashi and you are supposed to be twins... but I can clearly see the difference between you two". Sai glanced at Naruto's private parts, before casting a look at Akashi's.

The redhead groaned and looked away. "Fucking idiots... All of them". His tone was exasperated.

Naruto took a few steps away from Sai. "Let me make this perfectly clear! I hate you!" He angrily pointed at him. "If you've got a problem with me quit your fake smiling and tell me straight to my face!" He yelled at him. "I'll fight you anywhere, anytime!" He finished with a glare.

Before things could escalate further, Akashi raised his arm and slapped Naruto's hand down. "Stop pointing at people". He reprimanded him, causing both Sakura and Naruto to look at him in disbelief. "It's rude... How many times have I told you this before?" Without another word, he stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked away.

Leaving them there.

Leaving Naruto to his silent thoughts.

Leaving him with the pain in his chest that brought back so many memories from the past memories.